Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone recommend a VGA splitter?

Hi all.

My company is looking for a medium / high quality 2-way vga signal splitter so we can see our CCTV images in the IT dept as well as on the plasma screen in reception. We've tried a cheap Belkin thing and (like most other Belkin stuff) it was crap (blurred both screens terribly). Budget is probably about £100 gbp, so lets say 150 euros / $175.

Otherwise I'll just go grab one that looks nice, and hope

How far are you going? From what you described, it sounds like you're having to run cables pretty far. If thats the case, most of the problem will come from loss in the cable, which gets compounded by the splitter.

Comment

thanks for the quick reply rylan.

There's probably 25 feet (~8m) of cable from the cctv machine to the plasma screen it's being displayed on. The quality is fine just now for what we use it for. I'd just like to have the display attached to a local tft as well, mainly so we don't have to unplug & disturb any cables to review incidents when necessary on the local terminal - it gets a bit silly watching the cctv on the big screen and shouting to someone on the terminal (who can't see the screen) to move the mouse 5cm left and do a left click etc etc

We're not photoshopping j-lo here, but the cheap splitter we got is making the signal very fuzzy (for both screens) so it's unacceptable.

Comment

Why not get a multimonitor card and clone the desktop?

Comment

Hi HJ,

yeah we do that with a few of our projector PCs but this is a £25,000 cctv system installed and managed by a security firm. I don't want to explain to the boss why we broke the warrantee with a screwdriver :P

Comment

Check this out

I've gotten things from these guys before, and have been quite pleased with the qualify of their products. Not sure on their shippiong policies outside the US, but a buffered VGA splitter/extender like this should definately do the job.

Comment

Working...
            X