Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G200 MMS on NT4

Folks,

I've just installed a Quad output G200 MMS PCI card in my Dell Poweredge - Dual 1gig proc, 1gig ram, 150gig RAID .... etc.
    I want to run multiple Mediaplayer windows on multiple monitors. When one monitor only is selected, video playback is excellent - as soon as any more outputs are enabled (even only one more !) the playback quality it sh!t :-(((
    I can't believe a card of this expense is so poor ? Has anyone else experienced this ?
    Maybe this card is faulty ?
    They claim to have 8mb per channel but it looks like there is bandwidth of some kind being shared ?
    Any thoughts ???

Hi,

I don't think anything is wrong with the card becuase it doesn't accelerate any video playback. You are trying to playback multiple streams of video encoded with a software codec.

Depending on the codec, data rate and video res of your clips, the playback performance will be mainly system dependant.

Haig

------------------

Comment

Haig,
      I'm playing an mpeg1 2mbps file - my confusion is :
      1 monitor 1 mediaplayer = great video.
      2 monitors, 1 mediaplayer on primary monitor = poor video.
      I am not asking the card to play any more video and it still goes crap ?
      What say you ?

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Haig:
      Hi,

I don't think anything is wrong with the card becuase it doesn't accelerate any video playback. You are trying to playback multiple streams of video encoded with a software codec.

Depending on the codec, data rate and video res of your clips, the playback performance will be mainly system dependant.

Haig

</font>

Comment

Got it. I thought you were trying to play a video on each output.

What's your cpu usage when you have 1 output enabled and then when you enable the 2nd out?

What desktop res are you in?

Is the video window on the primary out when you enable the 2nd out?

Comment

Working...
        X