Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cisco acquires Scientific Atlanta....

NEW YORK --

Cisco Systems Inc., the world's largest network equipment maker, said Friday it agreed to acquire cable-television technology company Scientific-Atlanta Inc. for about $6.9 billion.

Cisco is paying $43 a share for Scientific-Atlanta, one of the largest makers of set-top boxes for television programs and movies-on-demand. That is a 3.7 percent premium over its closing price on
    Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

My cable company uses Scientific Atlanta for digital cable and PVR, etc. They suck. Their software is full of bugs and glitches.
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

well now you can bitch to Helevetia

.. Rogers Cable? .. mine uses Motorola stuff, not that I have it
      We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Originally posted by schmosef
        My cable company uses Scientific Atlanta for digital cable and PVR, etc. They suck. Their software is full of bugs and glitches.
        Hehe, especially the PVR'S!!!

I can't wait to see how things will develop following this new acquisition.
        Titanium is the new bling!
        (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Originally posted by tjalfe
          well now you can bitch to Helevetia
          Who's Helevetia???
          Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by Helevitia
            Who's Helevetia???
            I thought that was your evil twin, the cable guy?
            We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Yeah, the Rogers boxes from SA are garbage. I have the HD (non-PVR) version. It has the feature that shows the current channel in a small windows when you're viewing the program guide, but when you're watching an HD channel, it doesn't work. Just shows a black box. Piece of cheap junk, and they charge $12.95/month for it.
              Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Originally posted by schmosef
                Then it should fit in fine with Cisco
                “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

no comment
                  Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Working...
                  X