Frustrated with your Parhelia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frustrated with your Parhelia?

This is my semi-annual drive to find the MURCer out there who is so fed up with their Parhelia that they are willing to donate it to a worthy cause!

Are you sick of your Parhelia's inability to play even the most common of games? Frustrated by Matrox's refusal to fix driver bugs? Ready to throw it at the wall?

DON'T SMASH THAT CARD!

Instead, send it to me. If it comes down to it, I'll pay shipping (or split it if you live in Cambodia or something). It's charitable, you know it'll be loved, AND it's even tax deductible*.

Let the donations begin!

* Unless you get audited, in which case you're screwed since I'm not a registered charity.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

I've got a Parhelia which I'm not using (and probably won't be anytime in the future)...problem is, I live next door to Cambodia
    All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

Originally posted by lecter
      I've got a Parhelia which I'm not using (and probably won't be anytime in the future)...problem is, I live next door to Cambodia
      And of course shipping from that part of the world to the USA is most likely ridiculous to the point of absurdity.
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

I have no idea how much it would cost...tell ya what, (since I'm too lazy to do it) ask your local post office how much it would be for shipping such an item US to Thailand and lemme know...if you'd be OK with covering all the shipping costs, I'd actually part with it.

Comment

Gurm, what'll happen to 8500 once you'll get your Parhelia?

/me wonders also if shipping from lecter's part of the world to PL wouldn't be ridiculous...

edit: hmm...I just checked it out of curiosity, and normal (most basic) package up to 1kg from Poland to Thailand costs...15€ (both in version "payed by sender" and "by addressee"). Damn, why I don't have such ideas as Gurm
          Last edited by Nowhere; 18 November 2005, 11:01.

Comment

well since gurm may have one comming, I would gladly take any more extras floating around
            We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Actually, I'd even chip in on the shipping provided Gurm (or some other American resident) could get me a SIM unlock code for a Cingular Treo650...a friend of mine bought it from the US and it seems they give it to you if you pester the CallCenter enough (and say you need it for important business abroad) and provide the serial number off the back of the phone.

Comment

well since we are just giving P's away Seriously though.. this isn't a bad idea if people don't want them :P I still use my G400Max
                Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

http://www.fasttutorial.com/treo650/ ?

(wonder if it works.../me crosses fingers )

Comment

Yes, that's one way to do it, but it requires paying for the files and the account mentioned in the demo...Cingular can solve the problem for free

Comment

Originally posted by lecter
                      Yes, that's one way to do it, but it requires paying for the files and the account mentioned in the demo...Cingular can solve the problem for free
                      I'll happily work with you on this, the shipping from US to Thailand for a one-pound package via airmail parcel... is $12.50USD, not too shabby at all. If it's similar from you to me, hehe...

Comment

I would expect it to be cheaper the other way.
                        Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                        [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Working...
                        X