Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Viewsonic G220f the good, the bad, the ugly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viewsonic G220f the good, the bad, the ugly?

So, need to replace my crt (19" NEC fe 950). Is the Viewsonic G220f a reasonable replacement? If not, any other suggestions? (Please note, not interested in an LCD)

Thanks.

I've got two Viewsonic P225f monitors on my desk.

They're good. Not as good as my Cornerstone p1750, but Cornerstone has gone out of business.
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Originally posted by schmosef
      I've got two Viewsonic P225f monitors on my desk.

They're good. Not as good as my Cornerstone p1750, but Cornerstone has gone out of business.
      Never owned a viewsonic myself but I've had mixed feedback from friends that have had various Viewsonic models. I'd really like another aperture grill model like my NEC but the cheapest I can find is a 19" LaCie.

Comment

Good CRTs are hard to find these days. I would have recommended NEC since Sony is gone, but all of NEC's aperture grille models seem to be discontinued. Even the Lacie CRTs were discontinued a few months ago. From what I've heard though, they were pretty good but had some occasional quality control issues. If a local store has the Lacie monitor, go check it out and see it in person.

Comment

Time it right, and you can get a 21/22" Diamondtron from Dell for ~$350.
          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid Snake
            Good CRTs are hard to find these days. I would have recommended NEC since Sony is gone, but all of NEC's aperture grille models seem to be discontinued. Even the Lacie CRTs were discontinued a few months ago. From what I've heard though, they were pretty good but had some occasional quality control issues. If a local store has the Lacie monitor, go check it out and see it in person.
            I can probably get the LaCie 22" but too expensive (trying to keep the price to no more than $600 Cdn).

NEC still sells a couple of Diamondtron models but they're over $700 Cdn locally which is more than I'm willing to spend. <sigh>

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
              Time it right, and you can get a 21/22" Diamondtron from Dell for ~$350.
              Not, apperently, in Canada (at least on-line).

Comment

Working...
              X