Epson R200 feed tray issues...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epson R200 feed tray issues...

Interesting post on the Canopus forums today. I'll just copy it here since otherwise you'd prob. have to sign up there to read it;

Many users of the Epson R200 etc series of printers that allow for direct on DVD printing have problems with the feed tray. The little clear plastic edges that fit under the rollers when the printer is in operation seem to get bent and prevent the tray from operating correctly.

I found replacements at National Parts Depot online (nationalparts.com) (thanks to a lead posted here previously)..part # 1274077...they work better than the original and have a design that is more robust. So, with these trays there is no more pushing in the tray to get it started in the printing process..It just works. I bought 2..one as a spare...$6.25 each shipping $8.50.

Tobe
    Note: their landline is 1-800-524-8338

Hope this is useful....

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Good to know. I bought a higher end epson for printing discs because I read about all those feed problems with the R200. So far I've printed about 500 discs and not had any problems.
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

I have a R300, and it doesn't work well. Feed problems with dvds, also.
      And it stops working when it says that tint cartigres are low... and it needs six cartriges that costs more than the printer!!!!

Next printer will be, of couse, CANON. Good printers and normal price on tint cartriges.

Comment

It helps that as a computer reseller I don't have to pay retail prices for consumables. Ink is always marked up quite high.

I generally don't recommend Epson to my customers but this R320 has been doing just fine.

I only use it for printing discs though.

Comment

On several sites I read that people had problems printing discs with the R200 out of the box or after only a few discs. And when they called Epson for support they were told that they "overused" the disc printing ability and that "it wasn't meant for commercial use". Less than 10 discs hardly constitutes commercial use.

As much as I've had no problems with printing discs the procedure to feed them is a little too cumbersome for me to recommend this printer to my customers. Does anyone know of a different make/model of inkjet printer that also prints discs?

Comment

Maybe that's why the R210 down here has dropped by over 50% in the past 6 months. They have a design problem and want to clear stock for a better model with out the feeder problems..
            paulw

Comment

That's my read as well.

IMO Epson and Lexmark should be skinned, drawn and quartered.

Canon and HP only here.

Dr. Mordrid
              Dr. Mordrid
              ----------------------------
              An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Yes all the above is consistant with my R210.
                The little plastic leaders I just folded back into postion & just like new.
                And now using non Epson "Epson" cartridges then print a batch of 25 discs all perfect.
                Clem Reid
                Toshiba P200 notebook
                Dual core 2.16Ghz
                2Gb Ram
                2 x 160Gb HDD
                XP Pro
                DVD Multi drive

Intel P4P800 865PE
                2GB DDR333
                1 x 120Gb SATA Seagate 7200
                WXP Pro
                A06 DVD Writer
                Samsung CDR/RW

Intel 815EP P111 1ghz
                512mg 133Ram
                40Gb ATA Seagate 7200
                200Gb ATA Seagate 7200
                WXP
                Samsung CDR/RW
                Poineer DVD Rom

1 X 250Gb ATA Seagate 7200 in caddie
                1X 250GB Maxtor in Caddie

Comment

My Epson Stylus Photo 900 is still going strong. Appears to do as good a job as any inkjet CD/DVD printer out there, although the HP models that print direct to disk would be very nice (new print head with each cartridge) if the price ever comes down to earth.

Ted

Also, the tray problem will not occur in this model, as you start the print with the tray already in place under the rollers.
                  Premiere PRO XP Pro
                  Asus P4s533
                  P4-2.8
                  Matrox G450
                  RT.x100
                  45 GIG System Drive
                  120 Export Drive
                  Promise Fastrak 100(4x80 Maxtor)
                  Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

Toshiba Laptop
                  17" P4-3 HT
                  1024 RAM