Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neat Xbox360 Remote

I just ran across this from Logitech:

Nice univerisal remote, I'm already planning on shitcanning my DVD player and using my Xbox 360 to play DVD's to free up some room and the abitily to control my TV and Reciever is an nice added bonus.
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Looks like it's loosely related to the new Harmony 520. Since I'm not planning on getting the 360 (already have a Media Center 2005 PC), I may spring for the 520. Looks very spanky.
    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Yeah, nice addition to the toy chest.

Supposedly, the XBox Live Arcade games are all playable with the remote that comes with the XBox. Did the Logitech info say if their remote would work the same?
      P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

More buttons than normally would care to sort through on a remote, but definitely sleek looking for something as bulky on the functionality. If I get a 360, I can see myself buying one if except for the price being a bit much to tack unto the already expensive system.
        “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

I have the Harmony 880 remote. I love it. It's probably not worht the xtra $$$ for the color screen (which doesn't look that good), but it is still a kick ass remote. I've literally been able to put away every other remote I own. It controls:

Toshiba 40" HD RPTV
          Comcast HD/PVR cable box
          HK Receiver
          HK DVD Player
          HK CD player
          Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesterzwild
            More buttons than normally would care to sort through on a remote, but definitely sleek looking for something as bulky on the functionality. If I get a 360, I can see myself buying one if except for the price being a bit much to tack unto the already expensive system.

If you get the system with the hard drive, it has its own remote. This just makes sense if you want total intergration with the rest of your home enterainment system.

Comment

Well I can't see the point in buying the Core package, so I'd be getting the one with hard drive and remote, but I would want better, if not total, integration with the rest of my entertainment system. My comment was that another $100+ on top of the $400 for the Xbox is a bit expensive, and that's before adding any games or extra controllers. Which isn't a gripe as much as wishing there were some happy mediums.
              “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

You know, I was looking at the two bundles on xbox.com and maybe I missed it but it didn't say that the xbox w./ hard drive came with a remote.

Now I could have sworn that I read that somewhere, but it's not on xbox.com.

Unless I missed it.

Comment

Originally posted by schmosef
                  You know, I was looking at the two bundles on xbox.com and maybe I missed it but it didn't say that the xbox w./ hard drive came with a remote.

Now I could have sworn that I read that somewhere, but it's not on xbox.com.

Unless I missed it.

Yeah I thought the same thing...

EDIT:

Did some more research..the remote that comes with the Xbox 360 is a limited time offer. Its also not the same remote as the one shown on XBox360 website...its smaller and has less features then the bigger one.
                  Last edited by GT98; 15 November 2005, 08:09.

Comment

So it's a launch promo?

Comment

Originally posted by schmosef
                      So it's a launch promo?

Guess so

Hmm might ebay it to get some $$$ for the logitech job

lol Wonder if I should put up my Xbox Box for sale too and see how much I get, if I get it before Xmas

Comment

Working...
                      X