X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much would you sell this TV for?

Sony KV-32FS120

Retail is $549

It's a 32" Tube. Manufacturer date is Feb '05.

My father passed away a few weeks ago and my family and I are selling some of the items. I'm thinking $300 is fair. I have a friend who will probably buy it. I'm not trying to eek out every last penny from it. So is $300 fair?
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

$300 is fair. It's pretty new. But then again, it's not HD, so whatever you do, DON'T bring up this point. We have a KV-32FS100 still on the floor that we haven't been able to get rid of.

My condolences on your father's passing, BTW.. that's always a pretty tough loss.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I think $300 should work. I also have a stand that goes with it. So $300 for both should sell quick.

And thanks about my father.
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

I dunno what I'd do if I lost my dad. My condolences.

To keep ontopic, I have a 16:9 enhanced mode TV. The 16:9 option isn't great, you still get the black bars on top and at the bottom. Still though, nice tv, good price.
        Titanium is the new bling!
        (you heard from me first!)

Comment

sounds like a fair price. My condolences on your father's passing.

Zokes:
          the 'greatness' of the 16:9 enhanced mode isn't about black bars on the top and bottom

Comment

My Condolences.. and yes, $300 sounds more than fair.
            We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Originally posted by dZeus
              sounds like a fair price. My condolences on your father's passing.

Zokes:
              the 'greatness' of the 16:9 enhanced mode isn't about black bars on the top and bottom
              I don't really use that option, it's supposed to enhance the resolution but I don't see much difference.

The sony site says:

16:9 Enhanced provides enhanced picture resolution for wide-screen sources such as DVD.
              B'ah!

Comment

and it does.

Of course you need to set your video source to output in anomorphic mode as well to take advantage of it.

Comment

Originally posted by dZeus
                  and it does.

Of course you need to set your video source to output in anomorphic mode as well to take advantage of it.
                  Output to anomorphic mode? Maybe that's why I didn't see a difference, gonna have to check that out.

Comment

Thanks for the replies and condolences everyone.

Comment

Working...
                    X