• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Superman Returns images (link)

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

You'd think they could have found someone a LITTLE beefier to play the Man of Steel.

This guy looks like I could take him!

Kevin

Comment

Hey, it's the thing that he doesn't have to cultivate steroids addict's mentality to lift a...something big
      Quality, not quantity...
      Last edited by Nowhere; 11 November 2005, 15:34.

Comment

I'd say he lacks the quality as well. I still can't see him as Superman, even looking at him in the costume leaves something to be desired.

They should have waited till Smallville was done with and gotten Tom Welling and some of the others to continue it on the big screen.
        “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Originally posted by KRSESQ
          You'd think they could have found someone a LITTLE beefier to play the Man of Steel.

This guy looks like I could take him!

Kevin
          shit... i'd try...
          "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Originally posted by Jesterzwild
            I'd say he lacks the quality as well. I still can't see him as Superman, even looking at him in the costume leaves something to be desired.
            OK, just wait and see what he'll do in the movie

Comment

Market Research at work

It looks like they padded his codpiece more than his muscles... what does that say to you about their intended audience?
              "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

He can leap tall buildings in a single bound, but he doesn't look the part to me. He lacks the build and the strong facial features that have defined the role. The little curl was cute though
                “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Originally posted by Jesterzwild
                  They should have waited till Smallville was done with and gotten Tom Welling and some of the others to continue it on the big screen.
                  This would be much better

Comment

Superman costume `crazy` to design

SYDNEY, Australia (UPI) -- The Man of Steel`s codpiece turned out to be a bigger adversary than Lex Luthor on the Sydney, Australia, set of ' Superman Returns.'

Star Brandon Routh has been spending more time on his stomach than on the set, co-star Parker Posey says in the Newsweek magazine on stands Monday.

'Poor Brandon,' Posey said. 'He`s got everyone touching him all the time. He`s lying on his stomach and he`s got five people coming up and pulling his underwear down, sticking their hands up the butt of his suit.'

Costume designer Louise Mingenbach said designing Routh`s costume was 'crazy.'

'There was more discussion about Superman`s `package` than anything else on the suit,' Mingenbach said. 'Was it too big? Was it not big enough? Was it too pointy? Too round? It was somebody`s job for about a month just working on codpiece shapes.'

As for his part, Routh said, luckily he is 'OK with myself and my space.'
                    Like a former English teacher of mine once said about Cosmopolitan Magazine: "It's all nothing but packaging!"

Kevin

Comment

If I got to play SM I'd be sporting a chub every time I put the suit on too!

Seriously, In all of moviedom is there a better role to play? Would you even care about being typecast? For the rest of your life everytime someone spotted you, they'd say "hey Superman!" Not too shabby...

I agree that he's lacking something as SM but the pics doc linked of him as CK looked good.

I'm sure he'll grow into the role.
                      Last edited by schmosef; 12 November 2005, 03:11.
                      P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Christopher Reeve remains the best Superman ever. I doubt there will be a better one.

Comment

You never can tell. I thought no one could replace George Reeves, but then along came Chris Reeve and things changed. I'd give the boy a chance...

Besides; at the recent ComicCom's the 15 minute teaser-preview has gotten standing ovations, so it has to have something going for it.

Dr. Mordrid
                          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Plus, they definitely picked this guy young (and Lois, it looks like). Expect him to fill out as he matures physically.
                            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Brandon Routh is 26, so he has about 2-5 years to go before he reaches his peak physically.

Kate Bosworth (Lois Lane; also in Blue Crush, Wonderland and Horse Whisperer) is only 22 and getting more gorgeous every day.

Dr. Mordrid
                              Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 13 November 2005, 20:32.
                              Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
                              X