Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP: Adobe embedded font error

I get this weird error reading a document:

"Cannot extract the embedded font 'JBBENL+ScienceTypeCustomPi-No5T'. Some characters may not display ot print correctly"

Any way I can solve this? It's a pain reading the article and not having the formulas intact (nto that I woudl be able to understand them all, but I do need some....)

Any help appreciated.
    Attached Files
    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

We've had the same problem here on occasion and we had to tell the party involved to fix it or send it in a different form.

Are you using Acrobat Reader 7.x?

Comment

7.0, currently upgrading to 7.0.5.

Unfortunately, it's an academic paper from some papers database, not really in the position to tell them to fix it. But I'll see if I can find another version. Can't be the only one suffering this. Hate to go to university and make copies of the genuine article.....

Any other helps/hints/tips?

Thx anyway btw. Good luck with yer own issues.
      Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
      [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

I don't know if it was actually fixed or just sent in a different form. The other people here just knew that I could not fix it.

Comment

You could try foxit, or ghost view, Ghostview is very good for science papers, my brother uses it for reading all his maths/physics stuff.
          Make sure you install the font packs as well.

Comment

Working...
          X