• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok Star Trek fans get out your check books

The whole shootin' match on 212 DVDs.

Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

My question is, who wants to start a Star Trek marathon? Can't get up till it's ALL over.
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Originally posted by ZokesPro
      My question is, who wants to start a Star Trek marathon? Can't get up till it's ALL over.
      how many weeks/months would that be though?
      We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Originally posted by tjalfe
        how many weeks/months would that be though?
        Too many.

Anyone have a clue how many hours this set is in total?
        Titanium is the new bling!
        (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Well, for just TNG, DS9 and Voyager, if you count approx 40 minutes each episode and 26 episodes in each season. With 7 seasons each, that's roughly 15 days just for them. 3 days for Enterprise. Another 2 days for Star Trek (TOS). And another whole day for the movies, that's appromiately 3 weeks running straight.

Uh, no thanks. I like Trek, but not that much.

J1NG

Comment

good thing i dont have a CC.... lol
            "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

I was going to reply with what this guy said:

Definitely not the ultimate collection - HD TV coming soon, November 7, 2005

Reviewer: Alex - See all my reviews

I'm sure that having all the material would be cool, but what about the fact that HD TV is right around the corner? The film reels can be rescanned at higher HD resolution to produce better digital content. Won't people who pay this much money fell a little crappy when a few years from now their "ultimate star trek collection" looks crappy compared to the other material they are capable of viewing.

Comment

Somebody on slashdot calculated it: 3 weeks, 1 day, and a couple hours.

Still, this is a bad deal. It's pretty expensive $/season, and especially since people already probably bought a few seasons or shows that they wanted. If you already own/don't want a show (and really, who actually wants to own Voyager?), then it's cheaper to buy things separately.
                Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

i love voyager.. i love DS9.. I love TNG... never realy got to see TOS... nor the animated series.... dont like enterprise that mutch (too comercial) but it grew on me in the later episodes... like the first few movies... the rest are just toooooo holywood for my taste.... LOVE Babylon 5
                  "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Seems like a bad deal.

Like that guy KvH quoted said... better formats are just around the corner. I wouldn't waste my money on this. I don't think that hardcore fans with receive this well either because they probably already have one or two sets.
                    P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

sure.. i agree... but for people like me ..... i dont even have that amount of cash .. yet... but i know that if i had it ... i would go for it.. HD or not....... all i have is a 10 year old 46'' rear projection TV that my dad bought at a hefty proce befor he decided to run away with his secretary and i changed the house loks so that he can never come in and claim what he thought was his... lol

Comment

For that amount, you could buy a new HDTV..

.. and watch them all on the Spike network.

Comment

you are asuming that X network is available in the ME... :P

Comment

Working...
                          X