JCPennys.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JCPennys.

This is an email i just sent them. My first email i have ever sent to a company where i have been unsatisfied... excluding the time i emailed Lays and told them they had too much air and not enough chips in their bags.

I've just got home from shopping at one of your stores where i left very unhappy. My 13 year old niece has a birthday tomorrow and i walked into JCPennys and saw a great sweater for her and it was marked $19.99 (Puffer Jacket). I thought oh wow thats great, then i noticed the sign on the rack and all the signs posted all over the store and in the ad i was carrying buy one sweater receive the second for .99 cents. I was very happy about this and went searching for another sweater. I honestly looked for 45 minutes and finally found one that was $29.99, the Arizona Jean Co.® Pointelle Hoodie. I was really looking another for $20, but couldnt find one. I waited in line for a bit and when the cashier rang me up the order came up to over $60.. i asked her how that was possible seeing as one was $30 and the other $20 which would have been marked down to 99 cents. and she said "Oh well the one marked $19.99 is actually $39.99 so thats why the price is that" and i continued to say well thats not really right seeing as it says $19 and she said well thats what it is sorry" Well, a little upset i just said ok fine and started to leave the store. as i was leaving i passed by the customer service desk and still unhappy i decided to stop. I explained to the lady what had happened and she said that the other girl shouldnt have handled it that way and she would make it right and give me a credit back to my account. i was pleased with the way things were going and she decided to cancel the entire order, credit my account back fully, then ring them up again. i was ok with that, a little pressed for time but atleast things were being made right now.
    Well, when she went to ring them up again she said that the one marked $19.99 was actually ringing up $17.49 now. i thought well even better, great news. and then something happened where she couldnt ring it back up right and asked for the girl next to her to help. The lady next to her proceeded to tell her that the sweaters werent from the same brand so it wouldnt work. that i had to go back and find another sweater from the same brand and get it so it would ring up 99 cents. i told both ladies that the ad i was holding didnt say that, that it just said "Entire Junior Sweater Stock"
    She asked if i wanted a manager and i said sure, maybe she could resolve it once and for all. So a few minutes later they explained what happen to the manager and again she said "yes i needed to go pick out sweaters of the same brand name to get the discount" now i could still get both sweaters as part of the deal, i just needed to go waste another 45 minutes looking for two more sweaters with those brand names. i explained in every poster they had in the store that none of them once said anything about picking up same brand names. the manager then said to me "Well thats Sears, we have no control over the ads or what the sales say." I again asked her if there was nothing she could do and she said "No she had no control over it."

Working in the retail buisness for the last 10 years, i absolutely do know there is something they could have done. I have hardly ever left a store unhappy with something because i know how things are and how things happen. but for the company ive been working with the last 4 years Bed Bath and Beyond, we believe the customer is always right. and we dont post sale signs that arent clear to the customer. and if something isnt clear we give the customer the benefit of the doubt. You see thats what good customer service is, you want the people to leave happy and come back in your store another time to spend their money there. Basically it isnt worth losing a customer as that customer tells 10 other people about their experience in the store.
    It was a very easy decision if you ask me. Should i give this product to the customer for the price it actually as written on the sweater, or should i lose her buisness and 10 of her friends for the next 70 years of their lives? Which would you choose in that situation.

This is the first time in my life thus far i have actually left a store so upset that after an hour of driving to get to my house from the store that i actually sat down to write the customer service site as i am so still very upset.

Now your store have left me in a situation where i need to be at work at 7am, as it takes an hour to get to work i wake up at 5:45am. i then work 8 hours and im leaving to go directly to her birthday dinner. And what do i get to show up with? a gift card. HOW exciting.

Never again will i shop in that store and yes, i really will tell everyone i know, and thats quite a lot more than 10 people.
    www.lizziemorrison.com

These are the sweaters in question. My niece would have loved them i think.
    Attached Files
    www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Well, you've just told a lot more than 10 people. Was it Indeed Penney's or Sears?

Comment

Working...
      X