BNL? Dear god.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BNL? Dear god.

So Logan has graduated from Blue's Clues to Fairly Oddparents, which is fine because I ... LOVE ... that show. Anyway, he also likes some of the stuff on Toon Disney.

So we're flipping to Toon Disney, and they're like "here with their new song from the Chicken Little soundtrack... it's B N L!"

Yes, it's Barenaked Ladies. And yes, Disney has forbidden them from using their own GOD DAMNED GROUP NAME. How sad is that?
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

sigh...

Back when they were basically unknown, only a local band in Toronto, they were supposed to play at the city's New Year's Eve party. But the Mayor put the kabosh on them because of their name. There was a huge backlash and they got a lot of press for it. I'm not sure if they ended up playing or not. But I'm sure they appreciated the exposure.

That mayor had a lot of weird ideas, like making it illegal to walk in groups larger than three people... She didn't last long.
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

June Rowlands
      Rowlands is perhaps best remembered for banning the Toronto pop group Barenaked Ladies from performing at a City Hall function, claiming that the group's name objectified women. The band shrugged it off good-naturedly and went on to great national and international success, but the issue became a bit of a cause celebre among many Toronto voters, who felt it an example of political correctness run amok. Later in her term, Rowlands gained further notoriety when she seemed to be staggeringly uninformed about -- and even completely unaware of -- a large-scale youth riot that had shut down parts of Yonge Street, Toronto's main drag located just a few blocks east of City Hall. This widely-reported incident did not help Rowlands shed her 'out-of-touch' image.

After one term in office, Rowlands was defeated in 1994 by Barbara Hall, and retired from politics.
      P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Working...
      X