Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSI RS482M4-ILD mATX mobo with DVI - good choice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSI RS482M4-ILD mATX mobo with DVI - good choice?

Hi

This mATX motherboard look pretty fully featured for an HTPC - what do you guys think?

I have the chance to swap to this with my Asus a7n8x-vm/400 (in my HTPC) if I act quickly. The downside is the S939 cpus are a lot more money than S754's and Socket A's and I'll have to change a few other bits, but it could be worth it for the integrated DVI and HDTV outputs.

Opinions/experiences welcome.

TIA,

T.
    FT.

I knew it! less than six months after building any kind of PC someone releases exactly the motherboard I wanted!

I have no experience with it but for a HTPC with limited expansion it has to be a winner.

Uberlad
    -------------------------
    8 out of 10 women say they would feel no qualms about hitting a man.
    5 out of 10 referred to me by name.

Comment

Always the way! There is also the AOPEN model with DVI, but it is very expensive.

I've just ordered my 32" LCD TV (an ACER AT3201W) so this will make a good accompaniment.
      Last edited by Fat Tone; 1 November 2005, 08:42. Reason: fix spelling
      FT.

Comment

Don't get me started on how much LCD TVs have dropped in price since I splashed out....

Since the move we have been using the HTPC as the only working machine in the house and it has behaved admirably. even manages to play the new X-men game in LCD TV-native resolution.

Of course now I have the complete network back up none of the machines can see eachother. I blame Windows and its deciding to store networking settings somewhere that isn't fully updated. All machines are now on a new workgroup with file sharing turned on as before and both of them claim not to have access to the workgroup machines.

I'm just getting to the point when a second DVB-T tuner would be nice.....I bet those haven't dropped in price at all

Uberlad
        -------------------------
        8 out of 10 women say they would feel no qualms about hitting a man.
        5 out of 10 referred to me by name.

Comment

IMO, I would wait for the nVidia nForce 430 w/ GeForce 6150 HD integrated to reach the mATX format:

The first mobo chipset combo specifically designed for HTPC use. The new nForce line has been getting pretty good reviews.

Xoilac là trang web hoàn hảo để xem bóng đá và xem video trực tiếp độ phân giải cao. Đặc biệt, không có bất cứ quảng cáo xuất hiện trên Xoilac, vì vậy người xem vẫn thoải mái thưởng thức trận bóng đá mà không lo bị quấy rầy bởi quảng cáo. Ngoài ra, với đội ngũ nhiều chuyên môn, những dự báo chuẩn xác cho từng trận đấu bóng đá liên tục được tung ra. Sẽ lưu lại dấu ấn sâu đậm trong tâm trí người xem với màu sắc sinh động, âm thanh chân thực và cuốn hút trên Xoilac.

Jammrock
          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Thanks Jamm. But if I'm going to do this it will be ordered in the next 24 hours! Of course, I could always sell on again the next time I get a commission
            FT.

Comment

Working...
            X