Logitech G7 with Keyboard soon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logitech G7 with Keyboard soon?

Anybody hear any news that Logitech will release the G7 with a keyboard combo? I really want the G7, but want to wait for the combo.
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

I've ordered a G7 for work to replace my MX1000, which I'm going to bring home. At home I've got a cordless mouseman optical, which is fine, but I miss tilt scrolling.

Lately, I've been more of a fan of MS keyboards. I'm going to order one of these:
    Shop our collection of keyboards - Shop these 2 items and explore Microsoft Store for great apps, games, laptops, PCs, and other devices.
    Last edited by schmosef; 31 October 2005, 23:23.
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

One more thought...

Logitech tends to announce new products a long time before they hit the distribution channel so if they haven't announced a combo with the G7 yet it may be a while before they actually bring one out.

It's just a matter of time, but you could be in for a long wait.

Comment

Not to thread crap..but how long is Logitech's warrenty? I have an MX1000 that acts flaky...I thought it was something to do with my windows install, but I switched back to my MS cordless mouse and all of my problems I was having went away...Like computer not starting its screensaver and really strange things happening with the GUI, like not being able to click on programs running in the background or on the task bar, or the scroll wheel moving by itself without me touching it, that can be a PIA in a FPS game
        Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

I don't like the new MS ergonomic keyboards. They feel... uncomfortable. The older (curved) ergo boards felt SOOOO comfy. The new ones just feel... awkward. I'm not a fan.
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          If only life were as easy as you
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          If only life were as easy as you
          I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
            I don't like the new MS ergonomic keyboards. They feel... uncomfortable. The older (curved) ergo boards felt SOOOO comfy. The new ones just feel... awkward. I'm not a fan.
            Eeewww...that keyboard is flat. How can you call a flat keyboard ergonomic?
            “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
            –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

New or old one?

Comment

The old Natural keybaords are slanted more. The Multimedia Natural only a little big more, the old Internat Natural a lot more.
                “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Hmm...I remember that MS came up with some their new research claiming that the old design was flawed and the new one is more natural...I wonder if I should believe that

Comment

I got my G7 today. It's neat. But it's obviously a gamer mouse; very light, not as many configurable buttons as the MX1000, you'd need to be a SERIOUS gamer to care about the added sensitivity. 2000 dpi is way to sensitive. I have mine set to 800.

I really like that it has two batteries, one constantly charging. I often run down the battery on my MX1000 because of long shifts at work.

Comment

Glad you like it. I want one really bad because my current mouse situation is horrible, but I am going to wait until the combo comes out.
                      Last edited by Helevitia; 9 November 2005, 22:52.
                      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Had to do my first battery swap today. Was easy.

Comment

Some rambling comparisons...

I think that the MX1000 is propably a little better for non-gaming use.

It's heavier than the G7. Actually... it's probably more appropriate to say that the G7 is very light.

The MX1000 has two more configurable buttons than the G7.

The higher res of the G7 is probably only good for gaming. For business use it's too sensitive. I have mine set to the same res as my MX1000.

Lastly, the MX1000's battery lasts much longer. I'd still sometimes run it down if I forgot to charge it over a few days. The beauty of the G7 is that you've always got one battery charging.

Other differences... The ticking of the scroll wheel on the G7 is much more pronounced. I like that... Also the scroll up and scroll down button on my MX1000 get stuck sometimes. So far, my G7's button have never stuck.

Would I recommend the MX1000? Absolutely.

Comment

Which one would you say is better for Photoshop?

Comment

If you're doing a lot of work in PhotoShop, unless you're just using it to tweak photos, I'd consider a Wacom intuos3 tablet.

For business work, really there's no advantage of the increased resolution of the G7. Remember, I got it to replace my Logitech Optical Mouseman at home not to replace my MX1000 at the office. I just haven't taken it home yet (haven't been home much).

Depending on how you work, having the two additional programmable buttons on the MX1000 could be helpful too.

I will say that when I first started using the G7 it felt too light... I'm used to it now. If I've been working with the G7 for a few hours and I try to switch back to the MX1000 it feels like I'm dragging a brick across my desktop. It's all relative I guess.

Comment

Working...
                              X