G400-TV Microvision problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400-TV Microvision problems

HI. I was trying to capture somthing off vhs tape to pc when i got a message that my card detected a microvision protection. I tryed many ways to get by it and nothing seamed to work. I tryed the microvision hack that edits 2 files but it didnt work. It said i had a wrong file version. I am running windows 2000 pro. But i did try it on win98se. The patch worked on win98se but when i went to capture it still gave me that same message " micovision was detected" i would hit OK, and it would continue and seam like it was captureing. Only after when i played the video, it was blank. ANyone know how i can capture this vhs tape to pc in win2k pro b/c i am very fustrated by this. Please let me know ASAP.I am not into doing elligal things here, i just want to be able to capture this vhs tape to pc.
    Thanks You.

[This message has been edited by omega (edited 01 May 2001).]

no one knows ???

Comment

Until you get a better answer, I'll give it a shot. What language are your files in? I remember reading something about the macrovision hack only working on the English version. It also only works on a particular version number. Sorry that's not too specific, but I'm going from memory.

If any of this sounds right, try doing a search on "macrovision" (not "microvision") to find the specific posts.

Michelle

Comment

You MUST be using version 1.52 of the videotools to apply the macrovision hack. If you are using later revisions, then you MUST do a full uninstall before trying to install the 1.52's and the MV DLLs.

Chris
        (T_I)

Comment

there is a hack for 1.54, which worked for me.
          --
          TJ

Comment

I am also on Windows 2000 Professional and am wondering if anyone has made cracks for MacroVision and the YUY2 unlock thing? The non-BETA VideoTools are finally out, and I upgraded yesterday. Still have the BETA drivers, though... the new VidTools are not much different, except now you can select RGB and not just MJPEG.
            <b>irc.foozone.net</b> port <b>6667 #Anime</b>

Comment

I'm not aware of any W2K driver hax. For that matter, I'm not aware of anything specific for 1.54 VTs so I'd be interested in sourcing the hack which MRTJ1 is referring to.

Comment

i got it here:

http://www.murc.ws/Utils/VT154Macro.zip

apparently it's been out since june last year. :P
                --
                TJ

Comment

Working...
                X