X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eco-terrorists....

taking enough rope to hang themselves;

WASHINGTON –

A radical animal rights activist shocked members of the U.S. Senate this week by advocating the murder of those conducting medical research.

Jerry Vlasak, spokesman for the Animal Liberation Front, told the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works that killing medical researchers was "morally justified" to save laboratory animals.

Vlasak compared the life of lab animals to African American slaves and the Jewish victims of Nazi concentration camps.

He made his comments while defending a similar statement, made to the news media last year: "I don't think you'd have to kill – assassinate – too many vivisectors before you would see a marked decrease in the amount of vivisection going on. And I think for five lives, 10 lives, 15 human lives, we could save a million, 2 million, 10 million non-human lives."

"It is so revolting to hear what you say about murder – these aren't extermination camps," said Sen. Frank Lautenberg, D-NJ. "What's being done, whether you like it or not, is to try and improve the quality of life for human beings. I believe that laboratory tests involving animals can be necessary and important for the advancement of science and medicine and the protection of public health."

The hearing was called to investigate the animal rights group SHAC, whose mission is to force the closure of one of America's largest independent contract research organizations, Huntongton Life Sciences. Recently, the New York Stock Exchange abruptly postponed its long-planned listing of HLS's holding company, Life Sciences Research Inc. following threats against the exchange made by SHAC.

Sen. James Inhofe, R-OK, told the FBI's counterterrorism Deputy Assistant Director John E. Lewis, who also testified, that he plans to introduce legislation that will grant law enforcement greater flexibility in tracking and prosecuting those who break the law.

"That's not a maybe," he vowed after hearing Vlasak. "That's a definite."
    Jezzz.....these people are really DERANGED

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Same crazy reasoning as murdering abortion doctors (most of whom are ordinary gynaecologists/obstetricians who may do abortions as a sideline to help rape victims or whose foetus is damaged). These guys should be sent straight to the non-PC loony bin.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Wow ... the BS people come up with to justify their actions is amazing.

My favorite eco-terrorist act was from ELF (Environmental Liberation Front I believe). They burned down a Breckenridge (very ritzy skiing city in Colorado) ski lodge because it was being built with old growth trees. So the owners collected their insurance money, chopped down more old growth trees, and rebuilt it.

Dumbasses.

Jammrock
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
      X