Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow boot

Hi!

I'm having troubles with nforce drivers. With some drivers windows will not start and with some windows startup is really slow. I've tried google to find an answer. Somwhere I read that it was fixed by turning ncq off. Any ideas?

/L
    AMD Athlon64 X2 4200+
    Asus A8N-E
    Corsair TWINX2048-3200C2
    Asus Extreme GeForce N7800GT
    Seagate Barracuda 7200.8 250GB
    Lian-Li PC60
    Windows XP Pro 64bit

Slow boot usualy means your hd(s) are runing in pio mode
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

hi,

check this:

I've managed to find the solution so to help anyone else with the same problem, this is it. The reason my (and numerous others I found after doing lots of research) took an age to boot is down to the Nvidia Sata controller driver enabling NCQ on my hard drives. Even though my Hard drives are NCQ compatible, it is a well known issue with the Nvidia driver.

To prevent slow boot up and possible data corruption, just turn off NCQ in the driver properties in device manager.

Go to device manager, look for the SCSI and RAID controller entry and double click the NVIDIA nForce4 Serial RAID Controller, click the Primary Channel tab and untick Enable Command Queuing. If you have a RAID setup, do the same on the Secondary Channel and then reboot.

Since I did this, I've had no boot up issues and no event 51 errors in event viewer.

I hope this helps anyone with the same problem!
      found somewhere on Anandtech's forums,

Rakido
      "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

Yes I found that post. That's what I have tried and it works. But isn't ncq supposed to be good. I don't like missing out on that feature.
        AMD Athlon64 X2 4200+
        Asus A8N-E
        Corsair TWINX2048-3200C2
        Lian-Li PC60
        Windows XP Pro 64bit

Comment

for the home user ncq confers no performance advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by ayoub_ibrahim
            for the home user ncq confers no performance advantage.
            Ok, nice to hear that.
            AMD Athlon64 X2 4200+
            Asus A8N-E
            Corsair TWINX2048-3200C2
            Lian-Li PC60
            Windows XP Pro 64bit

Comment

Working...
            X