Woohoo, my first A1 !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woohoo, my first A1 !

This morning I got an email regarding a scientific paper I submitted.
    At our university, publications are classified according to importance: many international journals have the rating A1, which is the highest rating.

I submitted a paper for Control And Cybernetics (special issue) - which is A1 - and today, after quite some delay (notificiation should have been early August ), I got news that it is accepted. At a first glance, the two reviewers don't have any big remarks.

Submission of the final paper is Nov. 20.

So first I look if there is no-one around....

and then start a happy dance

Many of you may find it (square) or (boring), but I don't care!

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Congratulations
    System : ASUS A8N SLI premium, Athlon 64X2 3800+, 2Gb, T7K500 320Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb ATA133, Nec ND-3520, Plextor PX130A, SB Audigy 2, Sapphire Radeon X800 GTO, 24" Dell 2407WFP.

Comment

Congrats Dude

I know just how important it is. Here the academics are under constant pressure for the RAE (Research Assessment Exercise) which comes around every 4-5 years or so. Journal Impact Factors count for a lot in the metrics used.
      FT.

Comment

Cool!

Congrats VJ! :
        Titanium is the new bling!
        (you heard from me first!)

Comment

How/where/when (shortest option) can we find out how boring it is?

Comment

Is this the first paper you've submitted to a journal?
            Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
            [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Nowhere: Well, I have to submit the final version by Nov. 20th, so expect another 4-6 months before it is published...
              Umfriend: Yes! So so far I have a success rate of 100% when it comes to journal submissions.

Jörg
              pixar

Comment

Nyeeeehhhhhhhh Joerg you n3333333rrrrrrd!!!!

yes thats right, coming from me who is gona do heat transfer research using optical methods via liquid chrystal thermography as his final year project...*cough*

juz kiddin (on the n3rd bit)
                CONGRATULATIONS! *Does happy dance for Joerg in the computer labs...*

Ok I will stop now..people are looking at me wierdly...

any chance to grab a read of your article?

Comment

Why would we find it square or boring? I think that is a great accomplishment. Congrats
                  Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Congrats!
                    P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

VJ, WDD! (Well Done Dude)

So are you a PhD already or will you become one?
                      Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                      [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Cool

great job!
                        Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

I like Heinz 57 better myself..

Comment

Originally posted by Umfriend
                            So are you a PhD already or will you become one?
                            Not yet... The planning is to finish it by spring '06; presentation will most likely be somewhere in summer.

Jörg
                            pixar

Comment

Originally posted by VJ
                              So first I look if there is no-one around....

and then start a happy dance
                              Next time, check for cameras too...

Comment

Working...
                              X