No announcement yet.

Matrox G400-TV captureing problems....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox G400-TV captureing problems....

hi. Whenever i try capturing to my E:\ drive it drops frames every second but when i switch to my D:\ drive it's fine. Now my E:\ drive is 30gig 7200rpm drive scandisk didnt find any errors either. My D:\ drive is 5400rpm with no problems as well. I am running win2k pro and all wires are in good. This problem just started happening. Also somtimes when i capture a video it doesnt capture anything but green and audio.

oh and one more thing. i capture..
    -352X240
    -29.97fps
    -ntsc
    i use Tmpeg mpg encoder with..
    -352X240
    -29.97fps
    -vcd/ntsc
    -noise reduction

After the video is done for some reason the image isn't very sharp and the quality is rather grainy. Also when it shows people in the video from far-away background they are blurry. I have tryed sharpening, temperal cleaner and it doesnt do much but make it very pixleted and worse. I also tryed other encoding programs it does the same.

I talked to someone else about this and how they capture after i seen their video clip samples, and it is way better than what my card is doing. ( They have the G400-TV as well and use the same settings i do and programs. )Any idea how i can fix my image quality????

[This message has been edited by omega (edited 01 May 2001).]

Comment

i had bad quality when i installed off the given cd. i installed video tools 154 and power desk 555 and the qual is much higher. my only prob now is with dropped frames
      --
      TJ

Comment

hmm.. i have ..
        Displays Drivers: 5.0.2195.1050
        Video Tools: 2.00.012

I wasn't able to find out the version of PowerDesk.

Comment

try downloading video tools 154 and pdesk 555, and uninstall your versions, on the matrox site somewhere there's a list of what to do to get rid of all the files. then install from the above files. pdesk 555 first, your display driver is in there first. that made most of the problems i had dissapear, now problems with frames have dissapeared as well.
          --
          TJ

Comment

Working...
          X