Opera mini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opera mini

Opera has released a "mini" version of their browser for any java enabled mobile phone (or handheld device that has java support)

I downloaded it and tried it on my SonyEricsson K700i and it works and is readable even on a 175x64 screen.

As most of these browsers, Opera has a server (probably several of them by now ) that does the "shrink the page to fit device" work.

And it does a good job of it, my own homepage was quite readable

I’m mostly thrilled about it because the browser that came with my Palm E2 is crapp and the fact that my palm support Java
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

I don't have enough courage (and...money) to see how MURC looks on the screen of Nokia 3510i

edit: oh, I thought this old news was posted here because Mini is available outside Scandinavia...it still isn't :/
    Last edited by Nowhere; 24 October 2005, 07:09.

Comment

Perhaps Opera says that's its just for scandinavia, but people around the globe does use it
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Hmm...OK, now only to find Low memory version of Opera Mini (yep, apparently 3510i does work...although I'm still somehow scared of the thought ) in my spare time... Preferably ready to download/install from the web (no cable for connection with PC...)

Comment

Well, I managed to install it to my palm and while it does show some quirks, its usable
          Much better than the Palm Blazer web browser that preinstalled on the palm
          That crapp (Blazer) caused a soft reset when I tried to start it to do a comparision

Comment

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

get it for free!
            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Working...
            X