Starting DVD adventure...now! :p

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting DVD adventure...now! :p

OK, don't laugh (forget for a moment that Blu-Ray/HD-DVD are coming)

Since stealing (somehow...) of one LG x16 DVD drive (last one, the only one on LG site) went succesfull, my main machine will finally see DVD device. Basically there's no dillema of PowerDVD vs. WinDVD (I'll choose the one I like more; besides AFAIK PowerDVD is now better and besides even VLC can play DVDs, just not with the menu...) or performance issue...but one thing buggersme.
    Region codes.
    It's possible that I'll end up with DVDs from other regions (foreigners nearby...). So here comes the problem of region codes...however I suppose this site is everything I need? Or is there a better resource somewhere? BTW, what's your recommendation...making drive that autoresets or one that's region free?

if you're able to flash your drive with a region-free firmware, windows and software players will still be a bitch with changing region codes, as they have their own protection.

AnyDVD is the solution for all region codes and CSS issues. well worth the money they ask...

Comment

Originally posted by Nowhere
      OK, don't laugh (forget for a moment that Blu-Ray/HD-DVD are coming)

Since stealing (somehow...) of one LG x16 DVD drive (last one, the only one on LG site) went succesfull, my main machine will finally see DVD device. Basically there's no dillema of PowerDVD vs. WinDVD (I'll choose the one I like more; besides AFAIK PowerDVD is now better and besides even VLC can play DVDs, just not with the menu...) or performance issue...but one thing buggersme.
      Region codes.
      It's possible that I'll end up with DVDs from other regions (foreigners nearby...). So here comes the problem of region codes...however I suppose this site is everything I need? Or is there a better resource somewhere? BTW, what's your recommendation...making drive that autoresets or one that's region free?
      Ditto on the AnyDVD. Great software.

Don't worry about high def anything for a long time. Any Blu-ray/HD-DVD device will be gawd aweful expensive for the first year of release, and then become annoyingly expensive for two years before becoming cost effective...so about 2008/9 you can owrry about buying a shiny new next gen media burner/player. Hopefully the format war will be over by then, too.

And hopefully Blu-ray will pull their heads out of their arses and not require a call it to watch movies.

F'n MPAA bastards.

Jammrock
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
      X