Name my new cat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name my new cat

We ended up at the animal shelter today and of course, I'm a sucker for animals. We found a kitten we really liked and figured our current cat and 2 dogs needs another friend

Anyway, we pick it up on Tuesday. In the meantime, we were thinking of names. It's a girl and it has a white under belly, mostly black everywhere else with some patches of white/brown here and there. The ears are more white than black as well.

When we finally got a chance to play with the cat for a few, it was with another kitten in the same cage. They took off like rockets in this little area we were in. They were literally doing acrobatic meunuvers, somersaults, flying through the air, and straight up leaping off of walls doing flips over eachother. It was great fun to watch them The first name that came to mind was Rumble. I don't think my wife likes it too much. She thought Rumbly would be cool. I like both really.

The other thing is, our two dogs have a hawaiian thing going on. Meeka and Kona. Our cat is Spooky. Since it is almost Halloween, we thought maybe another name along the lines of Spooky. Anything really. Spill out your best names, I want to hear them all
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Skippy.

Just watch out with guns whe nearby the kitten

Comment

I like Pussy
      Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis
        I like Pussy
        I'd say Galore is somewhat more refined.

But what about, say, Mildred?
        Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
        [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

It's mostly black...
          Snowball? (Simpsons)
          Scratchy or Itchy - to through people off? (Simpsons)

It's a girl....
          Clarice? (But you have to pronounce it in a Silence of the lambs-kinda way, ...)
          Lady Penelope? (Thunderbirds, ...)

Other cat is called Spooky....
          Ghost, Phantom, Spirit?

Jörg
          pixar
          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Cleo is nice!

Comment

Spunky

Comment

what was the name of Steve Martin's dog in 'The Jerk' ?
                Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Cat5!
                  "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Gorge!

Comment

variation on your original idea: Tumble
                      Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

I tend to let cats name themselves. Fox got his name because of his absurdly large ears when he was little. Dusty got her name because when we brought her home she ducked under the couch and by the time we finally coaxed her out that's what she was.

Look for a unique characteristic and the name usually follows.

Kevin

Comment

Bucky
                          Satchel

Comment

Grebo, if its a tomcat..

~~DukeP~~

Comment

if you wanna go with another hawaitian name, look here: http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/E...6913/haiti.htm

R.
                              "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

Working...
                              X