Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batman Begins Deluxe Edition DVD....

Just got the 2 disc deluxe edition today and IMO it's a *****

The widescreen presentation is top notch; high quality encoding and very smooth playback. The audio was likewise top notch.

The really special stuff is on the content disc. Every stage of production is covered in detail, but my favorite part is on the Tumbler (Batmobile). Several interesting facts;

1. the design was cobbled out of model kits with the final mix being a Lamborghini, a Humvee and the F-117 stealth fighter/bomber.

2. The final design weighs 2.5 tons and can do over 110 mph. It jumps, it spins and it actually goes like a bat out hell....if you'll pardon the pun.

3. there were NO computer generated stunts involving the Tumbler. When it smashes a police car by driving over it that's exactly what they did. When it backs btween two cars and shoves 'em out of the way that's also what it did. Ditto for driving through a breakaway concrete wall.

4. In most movies they shoot at no more than 40-60 mph and speed it up in software. In Batman Begins all moving shots of the Tumbler were done at full speed. If it looks like the Tumbler is doing 100 mph then that ie exactly how fast it was going.

5. Tumbler did its own jumps with one exception: the shot where it enters the batcave by jumping through the waterfall. This was also scheduled to be a driven shot, but the door to the stage was too narrow. They had to settle for shooting the Tumbler through the waterfall using a huge nitrogen cannon

6. the Tumbler drove away from all of its stunts. The most damage was some scratches and broken glass (headlights?) when it drove through the breakaway concrete wall.

Highly recommended

PS: I want a Tumbler SOOOOOOO bad....

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 21 October 2005, 21:03.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

how many mpg does it get?

yeah I remember Christian Bale doing an interview and saying how bad he wanted to keep that thing
    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
    Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

For an occaisional joyride and the "wow" factor who the hell cares how many MPG it gets?

Dr. Mordrid
      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Hey, would you want to have to stop at the local 7-11 to fill up just because you ran out of gas while chasing the bad guys? I think not!

Comment

If the world was cool they would go into production with it.

.. and it would cost under $100,000.00..

Comment

IMO they could sell more of these than the viper or the late prowler. Those were sleek, but this thing says "badass" from one end to ther other

Dr. Mordrid
            Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
              IMO they could sell more of these than the viper or the late prowler. Those were sleek, but this thing says "badass" from one end to ther other
              Dr. Mordrid
              Yeah. Unfortunately it also says "breaking and entering tool" and "bite me, police car."
              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
                Yeah. Unfortunately it also says "breaking and entering tool" and "bite me, police car."
                psshhaa. if you need that to break and entering, you are definately doing something wrong.

i mean, it's not like a vehicle like that can just disappear...
                "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

I just saw the movie and I didn't like it.

I'm glad that they took the franchise in a more serious direction but I thought that the choreography was terrible.

Hopefully they’ll spend some time teaching Bale how to fight so that the next movie has better action sequences. All those quick cuts have given me a headache.
                  P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

I read that when they where designing the Tumbler/Batmobile it was designed to do all of its jumps as a starting point. I have a model of the Tumbler and its pretty simple design...its a box with suspension units attached to it. The whole front end flexes to take the impact of the jumps!
                    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Working...
                    X