audio stumbles and clicks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• audio stumbles and clicks

I'm working on a .mov that's 5 minutes long. It initially had no problem with the sound...but since I've imported it to MSP7.03, now there are clicks and stumbling in the audio. I've tried the audio filters which only makes it worse. I think I need to get to the root of the problem rather than filter it. Disc is defragged, etc.
    Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

PS - The rendering to wmv is 1 frame a second...That's goofy, too, since it takes me 2 hours for a 5 minute clip.
    Last edited by zoobie; 20 October 2005, 14:55. Reason: update

Are your original audio files mp3? If so, they may need to be converted to wav before incorporating into your project.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

?
      the audio came with the video...and it's destroyed on the import

Comment

do you have anymore specific details from the MOV, such as video and audio codecs, their bitrates and the framerate of the clip ?

also, what version of QT are you running and is it the Pro or free version ?
        Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
        Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
        be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
        4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
        2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
        OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
        4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
        Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
        Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
        LG BH10LS38
        LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

My Gspot info doesn't work with mov's or wmv's for that matter. But I've noticed the same result with every mov I've ever imported...the audio is either gone or destroyed. I can only assume MSP9 addresses this problem but since someone handed me this MSP7.03, I'm afraid I'm stuck with it until I find something that works with all or at least most formats. I just got the free version of quicktime and it works fine. It's the importing of different format's audio that MSP destroys...including, apparently, swf. The instant play option also only plays 1 frame per second. I'm very tired of having to record the audio separately then adding it to the timeline. Rendering a 5 minute video also takes about 2 hours. Sometimes, it's smooth....sometimes it's choppy. Too bad I spent the time learning this but I guess most editors are basically the same...except for thier pet names for effects. I'm going to find something else.

Danke
          Last edited by zoobie; 21 October 2005, 13:27.

Comment

Working...
          X