GameTap - Subscription Game Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GameTap - Subscription Game Service

From Turner Broadcasting/Time Warner, GameTap (http://www.gametap.com/) offers up to three game downloads at a time for a fee of $14.95/month. Most of the games appear to be classic arcade games, though there are several newer games, including Splinter Cell.

Here's an assembled quote from the site...
    How GameTap Works
    GameTap is like having all the greatest game consoles ever wired right into your PC: it's an application built to play games across multiple platforms and systems.

It sounds all super high-tech, but all you need to know is... it rocks. Console games, PC games, even arcade games. GameTap plays them all; the original games – not cheap knockoffs – sized full-screen to fit your monitor.

Download GameTap to your broadband PC, launch, and play. You'll access the games right from your desktop. No consoles, no cartridges... and no tokens. Your USB controllers will work fine, but aren't necessary: keyboard and mouse support is built right in.

How Free Trial & Membership Works
    - Start with a Free Trial (sweet)
    - Keep playing all the games you want for a low monthly fee
    - Cancel during the Free Trial period and your card will not be charged
    - Add other players on your account: up to seven sub-accounts

Once you download GameTap, you begin your Free Trial. Test drive it until your eyes water. You'll have unlimited access to all the games and more.

After the Free Trial, keep playing for a low monthly fee, which we'll charge to your credit card. Bail out anytime you want.
    It's basically Netflix for video games, albeit with a much faster delivery system (there are already by-mail video game delivery services like Netflix).

It's not something I think I'd ever subscribe to, largely because I just don't have time or interest to justify the cost. I also rather doubt many here would be interested, but it was of interest...
    “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann
Working...
X