No announcement yet.

Who's planning on getting an Xbox 360?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's planning on getting an Xbox 360?

I preordered one today.

Didn't order any games yet. I'm not sure if the launch line up has been set.

I still have lots of the xbox catalog to work through. So I can be patient on the games. There one game, Perfect Dark, that's looking like it might be good. It all comes down to the review.

I was burned with the xbox launch. I pre-ordered the batman based solely on the hype. It was one of the worst games I've ever played. I don't think I played it for more than 20 minutes before I gave up in frustration.

Hey, some Xbox Live might be fun! Who's up for arranging a tournament? Maybe Halo 2? Or MechAssault!
    Last edited by schmosef; 18 October 2005, 23:53.
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

My kids would wish...I ain't got the time to play anyway, so nope.
    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

IF I'd go and shell out money for a gaming console, I'd clearly wait for the PS3

as for XBOX360 games, it looks as if Need for Speed Most Wanted will be a killer game on it ...
      Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
      Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
      be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
      4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
      2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
      OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
      4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
      Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
      Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
      LG BH10LS38
      LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

I might buy the PS3, as it's backwards compatible and I have a few games for PS2 and PSX, but unless I win an Xbox360, I won't buy one.

Edit below:

I don't think I'll be able to afford one anyways.
        Last edited by ZokesPro; 19 October 2005, 06:36.
        Titanium is the new bling!
        (you heard from me first!)

Comment

nope, waiting for the PS3
          "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

Straight away from launch? Probably not. Depends if the UK launch has Dead or Alive 4 (hehe) .

J1NG

Comment

I have one on Preorder myself...
              Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

No plans on getting one. Currently happy with just playing Guild Wars.
                RC Agent
                AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Brisbane 2.6GHz, MSI 785GT-E63, 6 GB(2x1GB, 2x2GG) DDR2 800 Corsair XMS2, Asus EAH4850 TOP
                AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750 Kuma 2.7GHz, ASRock A790GXH/128M BIOS 1.7, 4 GB(2x2GB) DDR2 800 Corsair XMS2, Gigabyte HD 6850 1GB DDR5
                AMD Phenom II X6 1045T 2.7GHz, Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0 BIOS 2501 , 8GB(2x4GB) DDR3 1866 CL9 Crucial BallisticX(BLT4G3D1869DT1TX0) , Sapphire HD7870 2GB GDDR5 OC, Seasonic 850w powers supply

Comment

Nintendo has me interested due to being different, but I haven't bought a console since the Dreamcast. My PC takes up my gaming time.

Comment

No, and if I would buy a console it would porbably be a PS3.
                    Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
                    Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
                    Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

I might get an Xbox 360, but my sights on set on the Nintendo Revolution. A PS of any sorts simply doesn't enter the equation. As it stands, we already have a Gamecube and an Xbox, which are more than enough for our family. Need to buy Halo 2 though, Halo vanilla is getting a little repetitive, though I still haven't been able to justify a Live subscription.
                      “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

No interest in the Xbox. I don't play sports games and FPS's on the console has never interested me. I found Halo interesting but not really worth my time. I am however looking forward to the Revolution. I just hope the new controlller really is revolutionary.
                        Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

I'll wait until all 3 come out and then decide. I may not get any of them. It depends on how crappy the games are. It also depends if my son ends up getting the Xbox360 for Christmas or not. I'm already biased against PS3 since I don't like the style of games that typically come out on the PS series. I hated the PS2 controller. Xbox was a much better console IMHO.
                          Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by Claymonkey
                            No interest in the Xbox. I don't play sports games and FPS's on the console has never interested me. I found Halo interesting but not really worth my time. I am however looking forward to the Revolution. I just hope the new controlller really is revolutionary.
                            Teaser Video
                            P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Well, they make it look fun, but the question is, is it?
                              Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Working...
                              X