X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best settting for video playback

Hello,

My brother has a Sanyo PLV-Z2 projector :

The resolution is 1280x720, and it supports various HD resolutions.
    His laptop is a recent Siemens, which has an nVidia Go6800 with DVI output (also supporting HD resolutions).

What is the optimal setting for video playback?

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

The general rule for projectors is to use the "native resolution," i.e. the resolution that the LCD/DLP/whatever actually has, not capable of displaying through video processing. So in his case you would use 1280x720x32-bit @ 60 Hz via DVI for optimal picture quality.
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Thanks!
      I'll give it a go...

(Apparently, my brother just connects everything, and then is suprised the quality isn't perfect. He dislikes tweaking things... )

Also, the nVidia seems to have a DVDmax like function (maximises an overlay on the second display)... Any idea on which resolution is then used for the secondary display? Or how it can be changed?

Jörg
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Originally posted by VJ
        Thanks!
        Also, the nVidia seems to have a DVDmax like function (maximises an overlay on the second display)... Any idea on which resolution is then used for the secondary display? Or how it can be changed?

Jörg
        To disable the "full screen on second display" feature, open nView Properties (right-click on the desktop), go to the Zoom tab, click on the Full Screen Video Zoom button, and change Full Screen Device from automatic to Disable.

AFAIK, the screen reolution is not changed in any way when full screen zoom is used.

Jammrock
        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
        X