Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweet Dell Monitor deals

Sweet Dell Monitor deals.

I just paid $400 for the 20" widescreen LCD, shipped.

<$800 for the 24"

Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

You can thank me for this.

I just bought two of the 2405FPWs, so its obvious that the price would come down

I got them for almost the same price, but on eBay, rather than direct (so warrantee is potentially suspect)

- Steve (the depressed)

Comment

Now if only I had $400 to spend...
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

They seem to have these sales every other week. I have one of the 2005FPW on route to me from the Columbus Day weekend sale. Soon I shall have funds for a second... mwahahahahaha ahem
        Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

****ing coupon expired already...been wanting one of those 24 inchers
          Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Originally posted by Claymonkey
            They seem to have these sales every other week. I have one of the 2005FPW on route to me from the Columbus Day weekend sale. Soon I shall have funds for a second... mwahahahahaha ahem
            Yeah, they're often in the $450 range, but I can't remember seeing them below $400 before. And with $2.60 for shipping, I was sold.
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

They're nice, but I hear about issues with the widescreens for gaming.

Comment

I have 2 of the 20" ones from a sale they had in Canada (that was brought to my attention here).

They're truly great.

If the 24" model comes on sale up here, I'll have to consider it.
                P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Originally posted by schmosef
                  I have 2 of the 20" ones from a sale they had in Canada (that was brought to my attention here).

They're truly great.

If the 24" model comes on sale up here, I'll have to consider it.
                  Well today is your lucky day
                  Dell provides technology solutions, services & support. Buy Laptops, Touch Screen PCs, Desktops, Servers, Storage, Monitors, Gaming & Accessories

1905FP - $399CDN
                  2005FPW - $549CDN
                  2405FPW - $997CDN

.. now I just need to win the lottery
                  We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Well, I don't need to win the lottery, but today isn't the best day for this.

I'll grab one the next time around. Judging by the frequency of their sales, it shouldn't be more than a couple of months.

Comment

well under normal circumstances I would have no problems buying it, without winning the lottery, but due to renovations, the creditcards are a tad high at this time..
                      At least the renovations resulted in having two basement apartments, which are now rented out for $1150/month

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Yeah I'd be buying a second right now if I wasn't for: A.) buying a car and B.) being switched from biweekly to montly paychecks. That transistion is FUN
                          Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by schmosef
                            Nice!

the one is currently rented to my brother, who is paying way less than what it is worth, so when he eventually moves out, the apartments together can pay the whole mortgage, right now we have to pay $150/month ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Kooldino
                              They're nice, but I hear about issues with the widescreens for gaming.
                              The 2405FPW (and presumably the others) have pretty fast pixel response. I haven't checked them out with a game yet, but they seem good.

They also have three scaling modes for non-native resolutions: "full screen", "keep aspect ratio", and "one to one". The "one to one" mode would be fine for games (using non-Matrox cards), since they could be set to 1600x1200, which many cards these days can handle reasonably well. The "keep aspect ratio" mode looks pretty good as well (even SVGA text modes look fine), so a card that can only do 1024x768 would also look just fine.

- Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X