16 kids & counting.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16 kids & counting.....

Johannah Faith Duggar was born at 6:30 a.m. Tuesday and weighed 7 pounds, 6.5 ounces.

The baby's father, Jim Bob Duggar, a former state representative, said Wednesday that mother and child were doing well. Johannah's birth was especially exciting because it was the first time in eight years the family has had a girl, he said.

Jim Bob Duggar, 40, said he and Michelle, 39, want more children.
    http://www.cnn.com/2005/HEALTH/paren....ap/index.html

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

"If the Lord wants to give us some she will accept them."

Hmm... either they have a rather severe lack of understanding about basic biology or he thinks she's been having an affair with Jesus?

Comment

I'm certain they understand the biology

Basically they don't believe in birth control, and they aren't alone. Perhaps this isn't wise, but it is commonplace.

Dr. Mordrid
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

The nice thing about this family is although they may have red-neck names they clearly aren't stereo typical trailer-trash relying on the state to keep them.

Still, two was my limit and I can GUARANTEE there won't be any more. That man must be a saint.
        FT.

Comment

I'm trying to figure out how, after 15, they make more. I mean, it'd be like tossing a hotdog down a hallway. Basic biology dictates that it'd be hard to produce the male half of the DNA without some friction, y'know?
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          If only life were as easy as you
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          I would still get screwed

Comment

Hair trigger and gravity?
            FT.

Comment

Never heard of kegel exercises?

This would never make the news in Mexico or Arabia, where having this many kids is as banal as a stoplight turning green.

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
                Never heard of kegel exercises?
                They're overrated. After a while all the muscle tone in the world doesn't do you any good.

This would never make the news in Mexico or Arabia, where having this many kids is as banal as a stoplight turning green.
                Catholicism and Islam - wrecking the world with overpopulation since the 11th century!
                The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
                  Catholicism and Islam - wrecking the world with overpopulation since the 11th century!
                  Don't forget Hinduism and the Chinese. Talk about overpopulation.
                  “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                  –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock
                    Don't forget Hinduism and the Chinese. Talk about overpopulation.
                    I wasn't aware of any prohibitions against birth control in Hinduism. And the Chinese at least FIGURED OUT their problem and put strict controls in place.

Comment

Well, there's gotta be some reason why India is so overpopulated...

Comment

Originally posted by Jon P. Inghram
                        Never underestimate the power of a society oppressive to women and plain ol' ig'nance!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon P. Inghram
                          There's a big difference between "overpopulated" and "more densely populated than us."
                          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

figure this kinda fits in here....

A farmer bought some breeding pigs, but after several weeks, not one was pregnant. He called the vet for help.

"Why don't you try artificial insemination" said the vet.

The farmer didn't have an inkling of what artificial insemination was, but, not wanting to appear ignorant, he said, "Okay, Doc, but how will I know when the pigs are pregnant?"

"Easy. When they lie down and wallow in the mud."

The farmer hung up and came to the conclusion that artificial insemination must mean that he has to impregnate those pigs himself. So he loaded them onto his truck, drove them out into the woods, had sex with each of them, brought them back to the farm, and then went to bed. The next morning he woke up and checked the pigs.

Since they were all still standing around, he concluded that his first attempt didn't take, so he loaded them into the truck again, drove them into the woods, had sex with each of them, brought them back to the farm, and went to bed. The next morning he woke up and checked the pigs. They are still just standing around.

"Once more," he told himself, and loaded them onto the truck, drove them into the woods, had sex with each of them, brought them back to the farm, and went to bed. The next morning, he can't even lift himself off the bed. He asked his wife to see if the pigs are wallowing in the mud yet.

"Nope," she said. "They're all in the back of the truck and one of them is honking the horn!"
                            "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
                              I wasn't aware of any prohibitions against birth control in Hinduism. And the Chinese at least FIGURED OUT their problem and put strict controls in place.
                              It doesn't matter if there are or not, Hindu India and China popped out enough kids to be the first two nations to have over 1 billion people each.

This still doesn't beat the lady in LA that had 20 kids so she could earn enough in welfare and social security to buy drugs. Needless to say, she was eventually arrested and charged with criminal neglect.
                              “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                              –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
                              X