Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multisystem Video Editing

Hi
    I am looking for a multisystem video editing + tuner + capture product inside a single card or a single USB box. The product should be able to receive TV Transmission and Video Signal using PAL, SECAM and NTSC standard.
    Does MATROX sell such product?
    I had sent questions to MATROX but there is no answer.
    Other questions: Is there any good LINUX video editing software for MATROX cards?
    Is MATROX product compatible with the new Digital and HDTV standards?
    T.I.A.

Unfortunately you won't find that Matrox tuners will work in both PAL and NTSC zones. In fact they have 3 variants, one for North America, one for continental Europe and one for the UK.

Apart from the tuner, the rest of the cards functions are the same across regions, so you can capture either PAL or NTSC from external sources, and print back to either standard.

Chris

Comment

No to USB.

As for an internal card, the Marvel G400-TV or G450 eTV should suite you. The G400-TV's MJPeg capture system works nicelly on 300mhz systems while the eTV requires a 933mhz system for full frame MPEG-2.

VidCapture support for Matrox cards is spotty at best. You'd have better luck with a Hauppage WinTV. Model #495 has the nicest feature set. Once you have the video on disk Broadcast2000 is a decent Linux editor;

http://heroines.sourceforge.net/bcast2000.php3

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 26 April 2001).]

Comment

>they have 3 variants, one for North America,

Hi
        Thank's for the explanation.
        Is there any good external Multisystem TV Tuner device for PAL, SECAM, NTSC all in one unit?

I had searched all over the web, the only external TV tuners available are for NTSC. The high end multisystem TV tuner is MARCOPOLO from BARCO, but it cost several thousand dollar! :-( Any idea about brand / type?
        T.I.A.

Comment

Hauppage makes USB devices, but each one is for a specific video standard. Here's the info page;

http://www.hauppage.com/html/usb_data.htm

Check the bottom for specifics on the product for each video system.

This may not be the most elegant solution to your problem, but Hauppages products are cheap enough that having 2-3 of 'em around wouldn't cost you the whole farm.

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 27 April 2001).]

Comment

Yeah, but realistically who would need a tuner that was capable of reading more than one standard ?

The fact that many of these cards allow for capture from video of a variety of standards should be sufficient - after all, you can't actually receive UK PAL transmissions in North America, so what's the point of having a PAL tuner over there ? (and vice versa, naturally).

Chris
            (T_I)

Comment

Working...
            X