Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally... DUAL CORE XEONS :-)

Go to the Intel web site and check them out

Their PDF says backwards compatible with current 64bit XEONS which I have in my Dual XEON based HP workstation.

I'm hoping that is the case because Dual Dualcore XEONs at 2.8ghz here I come

Regards,
    Elie

Can't wait to throw some of those into a few of our quad Xeon boxes. That'd be downright spiffy.

Just imagine what you could do with a rack full of dual Xeon blades. Of course you can already do this with HP blades and dual core Opterons. That's 192 CPU cores in a single 42U cabinet.
    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Wonder if Intel is going to double the price too

fyi good opportunity to pick up some AMD stock. They reported great earnings that blew away estimates and their stock price got pounded anyway... makes no sense.

Comment

Originally posted by agallag
        Can't wait to throw some of those into a few of our quad Xeon boxes. That'd be downright spiffy.

Just imagine what you could do with a rack full of dual Xeon blades. Of course you can already do this with HP blades and dual core Opterons. That's 192 CPU cores in a single 42U cabinet.
        Well, I'm hoping the price of the CPU's won't be that steep if I wait enough to upgrade, but yes I agree that will be sweet

Regards,
        Elie

Comment

Note that the TDP is about 135W per chip vs. 103W for the single core. (That's Thermal Design Power, not necessarily the power actually used by the chip)

As a point of comparison, the dual-core Opterons are about the same power consumption (and TDP) as the single core versions (90W or thereabouts).

- Steve

Comment

Working...
          X