Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSP6 clips and effects

Hi all,

Please point me to the correct user group if this is not the correct place to ask this.

In MSP6 I can't see to find out how to apply a single video filter across multple clips that I have cut and pasted into the timeline.

Also, is it possible with the moving path options to display more than two clips in diffent locations on the screen? If so, how?

Thanks for any help,
    Aspen

Even grouped you have to apply filters to each clip singly. Wish it were otherwise...

As for your second question, can I assume you want to do two PIP's? (picture-in-pictures) like on the news?

If so then place each one in an overlay track and apply a simple 2D moving path to each. Set their size and position using the controls on the bottom/left of the moving path dialog. Set the same values for the beginning and ending keyframes to keep the PIP stationary.

Click the "keep aspect ratio" box to make them look "right" once the video is rendered. How it looks in the effect dialog windows is not indicative of how it'll look on a TV set.

Once you have the effect "right" you can save it to the Production Libray from the moving path dialog for later reuse. I have 9 of them defined for the corners, top-center/bottom-center/center and right and left center.

The settings will scale for the size of video frame you're using if you set them up for a full size frame first.

Also be aware of the title safe area. This means you have to place the outer edge of an effect or title 10% or so in from the edge of the frame or it'll be cut off when watched on a TV set.

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 30 April 2001).]

Comment

I see that Premiere 6 has something called virtual clips. Can that be used to apply an effect across multiple clips?

I'll try the PIP stuff tonight.

Thanks,
      Aspen

Comment

Working...
      X