Anyone RMA'ed a Samsung HDD before.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone RMA'ed a Samsung HDD before.

My Samsung drive is acting up. Making strange noises and getting corruption on it, and I've only owned it for 1 month Anyway, I've started RMA, or XRA as Samsung calls it, but I'm getting mixed signals regarding cross/advanced shipping options - namely they ship me a drive after I give them a credit card number, then I copy my data over to the hopefully good hard drive, and ship back my bad hard drive within 30-days or I get charged for the cost of the HDD.

Has anyone RMA'ed a Samsung HDD before? DO they do this. Most of the documentation says no, but one of the support guys said yes, but the RMA team hasn't answered my question yet?

Samsung is getting on my nerves.

I should have bought a Seagate...

Jammrock

PS - seems like the Samsung SP2004C drives made around May/June this year are a bad batch. Seen several customer reviews on NewEgg and other places stating that they've got bad drives from around the same time I bought mine So if you have one from around that time, be cautious.
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

I have successfully cros shipped with Maxtor and, I think it was WD before.. no issue.. I can't imagine Samsung being much different
    We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Working...
    X