X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SE P990i

Specs seem alright

Looks interesting...

I'm sort of looking for a replacement for my Psion 5mx, but I'm in doubt whether I really need it (my Nokia 6260 is already doing a fine job replacing the 5mx). This looks an interesting device, I'm just not sure which is more useful (for me): this or the Nokia 9500 though...

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Nokia has announced the E70. It looks very interesting: Symbian phone with a full flip up keyboard.
      Nokia is an innovative global leader in 5G, networks and phones. See how we create the technology that helps the world act together

They also have announced other E models, but they look more traditional to me.

Jörg
      pixar

Comment

I think the P990 is the device to beat. I'd buy it over any other phone right now. The only thing that scares me is that it's a Sony, but my buddies Sony S710a is a really nice phone.
        Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Well, my colleagues both have Sony Ericsson phones, and they seem pleased with it. So this wouldn't scare me. Then again, a friend had problems with a P910 (screen failed) just over a year: out of warranty.

I actually considered the P910i before I purchased my Nokia 6260, because it indeed looks a nice phone. The thing that put me off was the bulkyness and the price (my 6260 isn't that much smaller, but psychologically it feels much smaller). TheP990i is a thad smaller than its predecessor, it still is 114 x 57 x 26 mm; but then again the Nokia E70 also measures 117 x 53 x 22 mm. I also wonder if the keyboard on the P990i is workable, in that aspect the E70 keyboard looks better (but I could be wrong of course: it has a hinge system).

Either way: we are entering interesting times if you look at the features packed in these little devices.

Jörg
          pixar

Comment

My brother has P910i and I have Motorola E680i and I can proudly say my phone is much better one Smaller, lighter, looks sexier, more user friendly, more sensitive touch-screen and it uses Linux

MSI K8N Neo 2 Platinum
            AMD Athlon 64 3200
            1024 MB PC3200 RAM
            WD 160 GB HDD
            2 x 80 GB Maxtor HDDs in RAID 1
            ATI 9500 64 Videocard
            Pioneer 108 DVD-RW
            Pioneer 117 DVD-ROM
            Windows XP Professional SP2

Comment

Hey, that looks cool...
              Never saw that phone over here though...

FWIW, allthough it isn't open source, the Symbian platform does a very good job. It is stable, and offers free development kits (including emulators, ...) for various languages (C++, Java, ...). So there are quite a number of applications available...

Jörg
              pixar

Comment

Working...
              X