No announcement yet.

Ashes to ashes, dust to diamonds, wtf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ashes to ashes, dust to diamonds, wtf?

You can now immortilize your loved one who is dead by cremating them and then having the ashes turned into a diamond.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Sounds like a big scam to me. Even if there is a little carbon left in the ashes (which there shouldn't be, if the cremation is done correctly) it will be so diluted with the incombustible minerals that separation would not be practicable. I like the way they burn a DVD of the cremation
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis
      Sounds like a big scam to me. Even if there is a little carbon left in the ashes (which there shouldn't be, if the cremation is done correctly) it will be so diluted with the incombustible minerals that separation would not be practicable. I like the way they burn a DVD of the cremation
      If the ashes weren't largely carbon, then what would they be made of?
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Reminds me of AD&D.. trapping the soul within a gem.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
          If the ashes weren't largely carbon, then what would they be made of?
          The carbon should be totally oxidised to gases during cremation. The ashes are the incombustible matter such as mineral oxides and salts, including calcined calcium oxide from the bones and teeth as a major component, iron oxide from the blood and liver etc.
          Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

1. VERY old news.
            2. No scam, it's real.
            "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Working...
            X