I really like Steve Martin, but ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really like Steve Martin, but ...

this is an insult to Peter Sellers, the Pink Panther and to my youth in general ...

What are they thinking?

http://www.apple.com/trailers/mgm/th...her/large.html

"Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

What, you don't think it looks funny?

Comment

http://forums.murc.ws/showthread.php...t=pink+panther
      Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

I think that kids will find it funny.

The phony french accent is a bit annoying.
        P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Originally posted by schmosef
          The phony french accent is a bit annoying.
          Peter Sellers' was realistic?
          Chuck
          秋音的爸爸

Comment

The cult of Peter Sellers cracks me up. The original Pink Panther was funny, but it wasn't in some way SACRED. It isn't as if Broken Lizard is trying to redo the Holy Grail. Jeez.
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            If only life were as easy as you
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            I would still get screwed

Comment

I think it'll be horrible just because Steve Martin apparently died some time ago and has been kept moving around via animatronics or some kind of voodoo magic.

Comment

Honestly, I thought the original movies were okay, but, as Gurm has stated, nowhere near as sacred in quality as people make them out to be. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed them and quite like Peter Sellers in the role (and in general).

That said, I've not gotten a good vibe from this latest with Steve Martin. Have to agree with Jon, he's lost the quality that once made me love to watch him. This of course seems to be a problem with all the actor/comedians that came up around the same time as they struggle to remain relevant.

Another wait and see movie it seems.
                “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Yes, Steve Martin has joined the ranks of Robin Williams and Eddie Murphy in a horrible grey area. It's called "aging", and also not being particularly "relevant" anymore. It happened to Richard Pryor before them, and Chris Rock will someday be much the same.
                  The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                  I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                  I would still get screwed

Comment

If anything I'd say Williams has remained relevant because he started focusing on roles that didn't play to his comedic abilities. True, the films he's done of late haven't been as popular, but I've found them far more enjoyable than the same from some of the others.

Comment

In what way are any of these guys "relevant?"

If you are only "relevant" to some particular era, you are not relevant at all.

Comment

Stop. Reread. Excuse yourself for being an ass.

Comment

Excuse me? Who is more of an ass than someone who calls someone an ass?

Comment

The person who doesn't take the time to actually read what has been said.

I quote, "as they struggle to remain relevant" and "also not being particularly 'relevant' anymore". Now, explain to me how that is saying they are still relevant?

Comment

sigh.. perhaps I should have said "in what way have comedians EVER been "relevant?""

I suppose this DOES rate a personal attack, then..

Comment

Working...
                              X