Scan and the Unexperianced Techie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scan and the Unexperianced Techie

What is the point of writing down a detailed fault report when the dumbass doesn't even read it.

"The motherboard and CPU can run for one week without any problems."

So Scan recieve it today and test for three hours (Prime95) and it passes. So bloody what. I've ran memtest 12 hours and it never failed. It can freeze after 2hrs, two days and the longest run one week. Never miss a beat in the meantime.

I've seen machines run Prime95 time for three days and only then lock up. I've seen them run prime95 happily then lock up when they're doing nothing.

I've had a machine fail memtest. You replace the ram it runs three days no probs you send it back charging for dodgy memory and it fails as soon as the user gets it.

The machine came back and yes it's the same fault. They do memtest and it fails. Put new ram in it fails. Different sockets it fails. They freeze the board and it runs happily. Then however it carries on and refuses to crash or fail. They can't get it too fail again. Send it back and it never comes back. Dry joint or what???
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Ok thats f'in wierd. I can understand it working by hitting the board or some components with freeze spray. That would show a borderline component or bad solder joint. But since it keeps working now... thats really really odd.

Comment

You should really get a job in a QA department.
      If you can't make something fail just be being in the same building, it'll never break
      Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

Working...
      X