No announcement yet.

And the Halo movie Exec. Producer is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And the Halo movie Exec. Producer is...

...Peter "I AM the Lord of the Rings" Jackson!

This also means that Jackson's WETA workshop will be doing special effects and prop duties. Too bad he won't be directing (or at least they haven't announced the director yet). Could this be the first really good video game to movie translation? We'll have to wait and see...

Jammrock
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

What, you didn't like the Resident Evil movies?

The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

Halo definitely has an easy enough story-line to transition to the big screen even if it treads into territory that has been done numerous times before; though, with Jackson manning at least a portion of the helm, I think we can expect anything but a failure (otherwise known as Doom ).

I quite liked the Resident Evil movies, even if they strayed from the source material. Then again, I kinda liked Final Fantasy as well...
      “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

BTW, if everyone involved (at least from the ones I've headr about) turned out to be about as good as in their best past movies...this one might be ineteresting.
        Silent Hill

Could be also one of the very few good horror movies...although I'm not sure if translating what the game itself has to offer to a movie is doable...

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm

the first one was decent, but there haven't been any stand out really good ones.
          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm

took me a while to detect the sarcasm
            "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

Working...
            X