Firefox middle click

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox middle click

On my work machine, I have a standard 2 button optical logitech mouse with a scroll wheel.

When I middle click on a link to open it in a new tab in Firefox, it seems to work sometimes, and not work others.

Anyone else have this issue?

CTRL+CLICK doesn't work either...

Comment

Have you checked your extensions? Maybe one is breaking the middle click behaviour.
      Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
      Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
      Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Hmm, seems like FLST (Focus Last Selected Tab) may have been the culprit. I guess time will tell.

Comment

Disabling extension and testing might tell sooner.

Comment

I did, but the problem was intermittent, so I can't say that it was the culprit with 100% certainty.

Comment

Lets hope that FLST is the culprit .
              Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
              Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
              Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

How old is the mouse, I had a similar thing happen on wireless intelli mouse that had done a lot of miles, once I sprayed it out with conatct cleaner it was like new, eg middle button worked with a nice click again, before that I was rearranging the reciever every 5 mnutes to "improve the reception"..duh

Comment

Mouse is about two years old.
                  But the fact that CTRL+CLICK (which does the same thing) didn't work either, leads me to believe that it had nothing to do with the mouse.

Comment

Working...
                  X