Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for cat lovers/owners

I don't usualy post about products.
    But I was checking through the links section of one of my favorite web comics ( www.twolumps.net ) when I came across this....

Easy to apply, safe and effective! The humane alternative to declawing, SoftPaws nail caps help protect from damage caused by scratching and are economical. Veterinarian developed. Made in the USA.

I am not a fan of de-clawing, and this seems like a more then workable solution.
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Declawing is EVIL! You are basically amputating to the first knuckle on every finger of their paws. It truly can mess up the tendons in their legs and cause major problems. Just think if someone cut off all your fingertips to the first bend in your fingers... ouch.
    Last edited by Claymonkey; 4 October 2005, 08:19.
    Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

Thougt you were going to post this:

According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Declawing is EVIL! You are basically amputating to the first knuckle on every finger of their paws. It truly can mess of the tendons in their legs and cause major problems. Just think if someone cut off all your fingertips to the first bend in your fingers... ouch.
        It's not quite that bad anymore. Most enlightened vets take a more humane approach and just remove the bed of the claw, leaving the tendons and joints intact. At least, that's what our vet did with Dusty.

And it's a good thing, too. Dusty plays ROUGH. If she weren't declawed (at least in the front), she'd have turned my hands to hamburger a long time ago.

The main objection to declawing is that it removes a cat's first line of defence. Of course, it's also recommended that you keep your cat indoors to avoid disease or injury or worse, so that point is probably moot.

At any rate there's no way Dusty would keep such a product on her claws. It would be about as practical and easy to just trim the claws once a week. And in Dusty's case ease and practicality would NOT be factors.

Kevin

Comment

I would have thought the most humane would be to not have a cat if the scratching is gonna be a problem. It's a cat, it scratches, what's the big deal?

It is illegal or virtually so in many European countries.
          Last edited by Rob(QG); 6 October 2005, 05:02.

Comment

Working...
          X