Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternative to the G400......Radeon-Geforce

Hi,

too many unanswered questions in any forum that pretains to the RT product line, have left me with a feeling of abandom the "hope soon" ship for matrox to release a new card.

I have the RT2500 and now i need a V-Card, I have read hundereds of posts, including the VE from ATI and Radeon, all the different models of the geforce, which get resold by way too many companyes with the same features it seems.

Anyway, what i need to know is if anyone here has used the Radeon 64mb with the RT line, supposedly this card does the same in 2d and 3d on top of it, I know its not a dual head card, and the ATI VE, is not solid on win2k.

So another alternative would be the geforce, not the ultra, too expansive, but they have 64mb 256bit versions out there, a lot of people swear by nvidia, and a lot say that radeon is better due to its technology....I am so overfried from read9ng all this, that i am just asking, to hear from people that ACTUALLY have these cards and hopefully utilized them within the RT product line.

Thank you

sir
    I just want to buy what is not outdated a month from now

what's the use of a 64MB card with no dualhead? 32MB would suffice in 99% of all situations.

Comment

Maybe i wans not clear, .
      either a 64MB standalone card or a 32MB dual card.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Maybe i wans not clear, .
        either a 64MB standalone card or a 32MB dual card.</font>
        Now I'm even more confused! You want either 64MB for one VGA output, which imho is completely useless in 99% of all situations, or 32MB for a dualhead card? It's the dualhead part that would justify the use of 64MB imo.

Comment

Ok,

Let's simplify this, as you are correct, a ual is the way to go.

Prob i have is that i bought the RT2000 and right after that 3 weeks later although i asked in e-mail both matrox and reseller, if there was a new version coming out, both did not answer or said no.

The reseller has honored the exchange and is sending me the RT2500 but my trust and faith in matrox is severly dampened, as far as new products announcements go...so the reasn i am changing is i do not wish to be stuck with another exchange for a V-card, meaning, I hear rumours of a new card comoing, read the interview on the Eforum and again Matrox hasn't said anything clear.
          All other companys are announcing new V-Cards, so I am thinking of going with the Radeon Ve but the win2k support isnt there yet.
          The matrox is totally outdated by now and a new one imminent, can i wait no.i have to bring the money back in that it cost me to buy the RT AND to build a complete new system, as it stands, i have spend thousands and not a single project started due to their strange nondisclosure .....which really stinks......enough said on that...My way of thinking was a 64MB Radeon and a seperate pci card or same for Geforce..or a single dualhead card, but they are somehow behind times or not ready.....so was that clear /
          I appreciate the feedback.

sir

Comment

Working...
          X