Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duelling equalizers?

Hello all.....

A question about equalizers: I have a sound card with its equalizer set to a preset; what happens if I also use an equalizer provided with a music player? Does one take priority, or am I applying the second equalizer to the already equalized sound?

I am playing back through fairly decent speakers, and I can tell that the output is changed somewhat, but it seems a bit muddy. I generally just leave the sound card (TB Santa Cruz) equalizer on, but I was curious as to how it is handled.

Thanks,

Nick

Depends on the software, but i would assume it is processing the sound twice.

It is expensive but this software sounds really cool for an eq package!!

Like having dozens of EQs in one plugin, dig into Q-Clone’s massive library of classic EQs or use its Q-Capture component to model your own hardware favorites.

Comment

as it stands right now, it is most likely that the sound is being processed twice. look for this particular area to be significantly improved in Vista.
      "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

As I suspected.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X