Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easyest Way to underclock a G400 MAX?

Hello!

Short Question - what's the easyest Way to underclock a G400 MAX? It should work under Windows 2003 ...
    Thx!!

Greetings
    Goggy

MGATweak used to work in WinNT/2k.. might work in 2003 too

Comment

I tried some version (not sure if newest...but probably) of MGATweak on 2k3...reports OS as unsupported (although I guess it's hardcoded, and doesn't start if it doesn't recognise the OS...some unofficial patch perhaps? Or, for that matter, Matrox should update it...shouldn't be much work if I suspect the reason for truobles right)

Comment

Hello!

Thx for the Suggestion. Tried the latest Beta of MGATweak and it works under W2K3.

Comment

Just out of interest, why would anyone want to underclock a G400 max?

I might be able to swap my g400 for a g400 max soon and the only reason not to that i could think of is that it might get hotter (inside my case). And i'm a bit of a silent pc freak, so any additional degrees are not appreciated.. but i doubt that i'll be the case.

Comment

Hello Spek,

normally there is no need to underclock the MAX. Reason here was that i sometimes get Graphik-Errors under FireFox. So i tried to underclock the Card to see if these Errors are gone (Cooling-Problems).

Comment

Originally posted by Goggy
              Hello Spek,

normally there is no need to underclock the MAX. Reason here was that i sometimes get Graphik-Errors under FireFox. So i tried to underclock the Card to see if these Errors are gone (Cooling-Problems).
              Oh, that's good to know (anyone else having these problems with firefox&g400max?).
              Did the underclocking solve your problem?

And are you saying you think it's cooling related? I'm still wondering how much warmer the g400max gets than the g400.

Comment

Working...
              X