Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have they finally learned something about PC webcams?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have they finally learned something about PC webcams?

New Logitech model (rather top one)

Not commenting marketing gibberish of course...but OTOH not only USB 2.0...but also, apparently, CCD sensor, finally. (although Logitech doesn't specify this exactly...but some sources post such info...and resolution is rather big).

And too bad Logitech Video Effects is tied to the new models (who thinks there's any technical reason? )...perhaps somebody will hack it, who knows.

Well, I just got a IP Phone cam installed in my cube. It is labelled as a Cisco device, but it is probably the logitech cam. I was blown away by the quality. It looks like most webcams except that it has this funky snake like mount which allows you to "hug" anything you put it on. Pretty nifty actually.

I just had a look at the cameras and the Pro 5000 is the same one I have at work. I've never seen the other one you are talking about. Look at the cool "hugging" like thing hanging from teh bottom. You can bend it in different shapes.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Yours apparently belongs to the same line of 4 new products.
      So perhaps they're finally how they should have been...but, remind me, when iCam was released? Or the one that 3com sold, which was great but cheap ones took over of course?

But perhaps it'll be finally OK (and I have do-it-yourself solution: remove IR filter form Quickcam Express and use ligh-bulb IR emitter next to the monitor! )

Now if only Skype/Google Talk would have native video...

Comment

Originally posted by Nowhere
        And too bad Logitech Video Effects is tied to the new models (who thinks there's any technical reason? )...perhaps somebody will hack it, who knows.
        Pff...
        Matrox did similar things years ago, with headcasting!
        (I wonder: they offered to digitize your own head; did they have an option for other faces?)

Jörg
        pixar
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
        X