X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How ironic

Well, this is definitely not something you read every day:

Toddler Runs Over Family Members With Car

An 18-month-old child started the family car and ran over three family members in a southern Polish village over the weekend.

"The child somehow started the car, whose keys had been left in the ignition, and it began reversing", police spokesman Adam Jachimczak said.

The child's mother, who tried to stop the car, and her four-year-old daughter, got run over by the vehicle which pinned the grandfather against the wall of a barn.

The four-year-old, who suffered the most serious injuries, was rushed to hospital together with her mother and grandfather who were also hurt, Jachimczak said.

I think the picture is appropriate...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by lecter; 26 September 2005, 07:04.
    All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Is it possible for someone to quote the whole article and attach the pic?
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Edited the post...
      All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

Never a good idea to leave your keys in the ignition! (unless your actually in the car yourself)
        I wonder if the kid knew what he was doing...

Yeah, the pic is definitely appropriate.

Thank you btw.
        Last edited by ZokesPro; 26 September 2005, 07:24.
        Titanium is the new bling!
        (you heard from me first!)

Comment

I was curious a bit about it - and it's confirmed
          Moreover, it was a girl! (women driving... )

But seriously, 2 comments...

1. Such things happen in villages from time to time...especially since people often use kids to do some work with various machines. Or to put car in a garage. "Hey, I'm a proud parent, my 5 year old kid can drive a car - so what that he can't see road and operate gas/brake at the same time" (yeah, grantyed, that was not the case here)

2. The mother left the car, while going out to open the garage, on back gear...
          For some reason, it's very, very common among mid-years and older people. Stupid, stupid, stupid (but hey, it's easier to leave the car on gear than use hand-brake ). I've heard about such accidents few times...for example when a truck (yeas, truck; our kind of truck, not a pickup or something) was left on 1st gear, some other truck (construction place or something) hit it, started the engine (no keys!), and the truck killed some guy and demolished few things...
          Yeah Zokes, that's the main reason, not leaving keys (of course it's also very bad idea...but with gears it would be one more thing to do...)

Comment

Working...
          X