Dimage A2 remote control software?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimage A2 remote control software?

I would like to use a PC to control my A2 next week.

(Photographing 150 19 year-old female students is a tough job, but someone has got to do it )

I need to rename each picture as it is taken as doing it later is bound to have problems.

Minolta do their 'Dimage Capture' software BUT THEY CHARGE FOR IT!!! €100

Yes we could buy it, but finding a way to do that within a week is likely to be problematic.

Is there a free way to do this?

TIA.

T.
    FT.

Can't you use the windows system (control panel, scanners & cameras) ?

edit:
    When the camera is installed with windows drivers, it is possible to have it make pictures via Windows. Just open the 'Scanners & cameras' dialog and right click on the camera...

Jörg
    Last edited by VJ; 26 September 2005, 08:14.
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

I'm afraid all I can do is access it as a MSD. Drivers for camera control are only provided with the Dimage Capture software...I've scoured the net for the driver with no joy.

We did order the s/w on Monday, but it probably won't arrive in time.

Thanks anyway.
      FT.

Comment

You could try here:

(I have seen that there are links to programs for other camera makes as well)

edit: just looked further, and most links seem dead (or useless)...

Sorry I couldn't be of help....

Jörg
        Last edited by VJ; 28 September 2005, 08:26.
        pixar

Comment

Maybe you can do this with a web cam? Most of them can take pics. You just have to get one with high enough quality for your application.
          P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Thanks anyway.

If the s/w doesn't arrive in time then I will resort to the webcams I have used in previous years, but they have fairly poor quality, no zoom and need good light.

I have my Fuji F401Z tucked away somewhere, and IIRC that has a webcam mode, so I'll see if than can be used.
            FT.

Comment

Finally found something

http://translate.google.com/translat...%2Fliens%2Ehtm (first link, then Forum then Remote Loading then Dimage Control)

Originally found a reference here:

http://translate.google.com/translat...ngpair=fr%7Cen but I think the link on that page is to an older version.

Can't wait to try this when I get to work tomorrow. One less headache
              Last edited by Fat Tone; 28 September 2005, 10:43.
              FT.

Comment

And another here: http://perso.wanadoo.fr/reli/Mpp/Mpp.htm (scroll to PCA2)

How come the French are so much better at this than the English speaking world? And to think of the things I was saying abot certain French people when they refused to help expedite my s/w order!!! I may have to take some of it back
                FT.

Comment

It works - perfectly! Woohoo

Now the most difficult decision: Do I get the technician to take the photos, or do I reserve that 'chore' for myself?
                  FT.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tone
                    And another here: http://perso.wanadoo.fr/reli/Mpp/Mpp.htm (scroll to PCA2)

How come the French are so much better at this than the English speaking world?
                    I have always found that Dimage sounds French... (intuitively, I pronounce it in French)

Great to hear that you found a solution!

But where is az, I mean, he is a hard-core Minolta/Opera user. He could have answered this in no time... And now we haven't seen him in months - almost 3 months!

Jörg
                    pixar

Comment

Pervy send her over here I'll do it.

Can't wait to get rid of my Camera right pile of shit.
                      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I have enough trouble now we are spread across 2 buildings...sending 150 students to Sheffield is probably going to be a little difficult.

Have you got the latest 1.13 firmware? 1.12 solved a few operational issues, 1.13 just added support for 4Gig CF cards.
                        FT.

Comment

Working...
                        X