my 'puter is/was dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my 'puter is/was dead

prime drive sudenly gave out on me.... upon closer inspection i found a hole where it shouldnt be.... must have been collecting dust in there..... any way... had most of my stuf backed up on other drives but lost all my emails and maybe a documents too..... arggg...... going to kill the guy who sold it to... been off line for a few days now because of it.......
    "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

We missed u in SR

Comment

Must be something in the E. Med air My dedicated video computer C: drive rendered it's soul to that paradise where dead drives go (after many years' service - it was a state-of-the-art IBM 5 Gb one, just to give you an idea). Bought a 200 Gb drive and have started to fiddle all the drives round, removing the RAID striping and so freeing 2 60 Gb Maxtor ones, one of which is now the boot drive (partition 10 Gb) the rest being reserved as temporary storage for odd clips. Still have a problem with the 200 Gb as I haven't yet found a way to persuade the BIOS that it is more than 135 Gb (yes, the BIOS is the latest version, dated Dec 2004)
      Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Working...
      X