Portable CD/MP3/Radio, what to get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portable CD/MP3/Radio, what to get?

I would like to get my son a portable CD player for his birthday, I was looking around and need some advice. I would like to get it for CD, mp3 and have a radio with it, the radio would be just a nice thing for him to have, its really not needed. So what would be a good one to pick up for him? It will need to stand up to some abuse. He sometimes suffers from the drops things syndrome! Will be getting him a battery charger and rechargeable batteries.

I don’t mind spending the money for something that will last.

Thanks again for your help!

Oboy
    Time to make the wafers!
    Oboy Inside!

intel P4 2.26 @ 2.957Ghz

"Life isn't like a box of chocolates...it's more like a jar of
    jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow."

Something like the Rio Volt. I have the very first model, bought in 1999/2000, and it still works as well as when I bought it. Better even, with features from later firmwares.

Later models added radio tuners and whatnot. Now they're $20 - $80 depending on the model you get. The "top of the line" sp350 seems to go for about $80 these days.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I also have the Rio Volt, and the thing is really nice. I know they later came out with a version that had an FM Tuner in it too.

Comment

I had the SP250 model which had the FM tuner and it was a rock solid piece of hardware. I highly recommend them. The only reason I dont' have it anymore is because I'm a little to rough on my cd players. I bought a $50 panasonic to keep me going till I could afford a iRiver h340 (which I love). The panasonic wasn't nearly as good.
        Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

Working...
        X