Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kooldino fear the power of my 133t new wheels!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kooldino fear the power of my 133t new wheels!

That's 3.8 kw.
    As in "thousands of watts" buster.

Imagine it in silver.

Last edited by cjolley; 23 September 2005, 09:13.
    Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

Congrats!

Hey, did you just change the colour?
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

I had posted a pic of the 150 because it was the right color and I didn't look close at the model.

Mine is a 50cc, but silver.

100 mpg
      Chuck
      秋音的爸爸

Comment

Definitely good on gas that's for sure!

Doubt your gonna beat Kooldino's ride on the 1/4 mile though.
        Titanium is the new bling!
        (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Originally posted by ZokesPro
          Doubt your gonna beat Kooldino's ride on the 1/4 mile though.
          Or the 1/8th , or even the 1/4"

On the other hand it's just about small enough to ride in my Lexus as a spare.
          Chuck
          秋音的爸爸

Comment

would be nice here in the summer, if the other motorists would only respect your rights on the road. In the winter that thing looks straight out deadly, at least here
            We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Originally posted by cjolley
              Or the 1/8th , or even the 1/4"

On the other hand it's just about small enough to ride in my Lexus as a spare.
              Hehe, yeah well I'm sure you didn't buy it for it's top speed and acceleration.

Inside your lexus or strapped to the back? I'd love to have one to put around the city, at 100mpg, damn, I'd use it all the time, except in the winter. Wonder if they sell spiked tires for scooters?

Comment

Originally posted by ZokesPro
                Hehe, yeah well I'm sure you didn't buy it for it's top speed and acceleration.

Inside your lexus or strapped to the back? I'd love to have one to put around the city, at 100mpg, damn, I'd use it all the time, except in the winter. Wonder if they sell spiked tires for scooters?

Knock yourself out
                from http://www.icebike.com/Equipment/tires.htm

The following method is recommended by the Edmonton Bicycle Commuters Society:
                This is what you need to make your very own studded tire:

1. One tire. You need a tire with knobs big enough to support the stud. the stud as explained further down, has to be on the

2. 50 (approx.) Robertson head #8 by 1/2" sheet metal screws (the square head, you'll thank me for this tip) for mountain bike tires (26inch) or #8 by 3/8 inch for hybrid tires (700c)

3. Liner for each tire. This can be made by cutting the beads off an old tire, cutting out the valve and slitting along the inside of an inner tube or just buying a Mr. Tuffy tire liner.

4. Baby powder.

5. One sharp awl. (or a 1/8" drill bit)

Instructions

• Count the knobs and evenly spread out the 25 screws for each side.

• Punch holes, from the outside of the tire, into the designated knobs. You can drill the hole, however, drilling tends to tear the fabric and thus weakens the tire. Caution you don't need a million screws in there! Too many screws just slows you down.

• Use Robertson bit in the drill to drive the screws in the tire from the inside.

• Put liner inside tire and make sure it covers the screw heads

• Put a generous dusting of baby powder between the liner and the tube.

• Mount tire on the rim (ouch! watch out for the points!)

• Inflate to maximum pressure. Put the wheel on the bike (mind the points). Spin the wheel to make sure that the studs don't catch on anything.

Comments
                You only need to stud the front tire to keep upright; however, if you stud the back tire as well, it's even better. One caveat is that these tires are only suitable for winter conditions. The difference between one studded front and no studded tires in phenomenal. When the bike is travelling straight the studs shouldn't be hitting the road too hard; otherwise, they will just wear out too soon. Don't worry, when the tire slips just a bit the studs will bite in. You rarely notice the slight side to side movement.
                You don't need to stud the middle knobs since you only need the added traction when you are turning. The studs should touch the road enough to allow sufficient braking. The studs in the middle knobs wear out very fast and soon become useless anyway.
                Stainless steel screws will last much longer, but also cost about 3 times as much. You can change screws as they wear out, your tire can survive several sets of studs.
                Chuck
                秋音的爸爸

Comment

Cool! Wouldn't mind trying that out and seeing if it gets much traction!

I know that Technoid modified his for the winter. Wonder how well that's working out for him?

Comment

Originally posted by cjolley
                    I had posted a pic of the 150 because it was the right color and I didn't look close at the model.

Mine is a 50cc, but silver.

100 mpg
                    Yes, but is saving the planet worth the humiliation??
                    Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

Originally posted by RichL
                      Yes, but is saving the planet worth the humiliation??
                      Don't dis the wheels.
                      Or I'll run over you with the thing.
                      On the other hand, you might note notice.
                      Now, THAT would be humiliating.
                      Chuck
                      秋音的爸爸

Comment

So when are you gonna get a tune-pipe for that chopper eh?

Comment

How about this?
                          Attached Files
                          Chuck
                          秋音的爸爸

Comment

Hehe, I dunno, I have around 260KW. But damn, you're killing me on weight.

100mpg, eh? Badass. My motorcycle only gets about 39mpg the way I ride it. Not bad, but I can't even touch a scooter like yours.

Comment

Originally posted by Kooldino
                              Hehe, I dunno, I have around 260KW. But damn, you're killing me on weight.
                              So how much does your car weigh?
                              I'll calculate a handicap

BTW It will have to be 0-50, mine won't go 60
                              Last edited by cjolley; 24 September 2005, 15:41.
                              Chuck
                              秋音的爸爸

Comment

Working...
                              X